History Alumni Events Publication
- AGM & Dinner - Fri 25 May
- Battlefields of St Albans - Sat 16 June
- Wesley's Chapel, Wesley's House and the Museum of Methodism - Sat 8 Sep
- Inaugural Lecture - 'Luxury and austerity in ancient Greece' - Tue 27 Nov 2012
- 'Language and Enlightenment' Discussion - Mon 10 December 2012
- Visit to William Morris Gallery - Sat 15 June 2013
- Visit to Marlborough House, London - Fri 22 Mar 2013
- Lecture Party with Dr Antonio Sennis - Fri 15 March 2013
- Alumnus Association AGM & Alumni Dinner - Fri 17 May - UPDATED INFORMATION
- Bonnie and Clyde Screening and Discussion, Cinema Museum, London (Wed 17 July)
- Victoria and Albert Museum - Private Tour, Mon 7 Oct 2013
- Lecture: The Intellectual Consequences of the First World War - Wed 27 November 2013
- Inaugural Lecture - Professor Margot Finn (Tuesday 11 February 2014 - 6.30pm)
- Inaugural Lecture - Professor Karen Radner - Tuesday 4 March 2014 - 6.30pm
- Book Launch - 'Magic in the Cloister' - 30 April 2014
- Alumni Lecture Party - Friday 6 June 2014, 6.30pm for 7.00pm
Visit to William Morris Gallery - Sat 15 June 2013
Publication date: Nov 30, 2012 8:04:22 AM
Nov 30, 2012 12:00:00 AM
End: Jun 16, 2013 12:00:00 AM
Location: Lloyd Park, Forest Road Walthamstow, London E17 4PP
The Gallery, which has recently been refurbished and extended, has the
largest collection of Morris's works and is housed in his childhood home in
Walthamstow. Alumni will have a private conducted tour of the Gallery led by one
of its curators.
The Gallery has an international status amongst Morris devotees and academics. There is a bookshop and light catering facilities. There will be a moderate charge which will be emailed to participants nearer the time of visit. Meet at 10.45am outside the Gallery for an 11.00am tour.
After the visit members and guests may wish to have a walking tour of the historic Walthamstow Village conservation area - including the medieval house, sixteenth and eighteenth almshouses and the nineteenth century Vestry House which is now a local history museum - ending at one of its excellent restaurants.
For bookings and enquiries contact Peter Dawe, Alumni Events Officer, no later than Saturday 1 June.
Page last modified on 30 nov 12 07:59 by Neil Matthews