History Alumni Events Publication
- AGM & Dinner - Fri 25 May
- Battlefields of St Albans - Sat 16 June
- Wesley's Chapel, Wesley's House and the Museum of Methodism - Sat 8 Sep
- Inaugural Lecture - 'Luxury and austerity in ancient Greece' - Tue 27 Nov 2012
- 'Language and Enlightenment' Discussion - Mon 10 December 2012
- Visit to William Morris Gallery - Sat 15 June 2013
- Visit to Marlborough House, London - Fri 22 Mar 2013
- Lecture Party with Dr Antonio Sennis - Fri 15 March 2013
- Alumnus Association AGM & Alumni Dinner - Fri 17 May - UPDATED INFORMATION
Battlefields of St Albans - Sat 16 June
Publication date: Apr 18, 2012 3:32:27 PM
Apr 18, 2012 12:00:00 AM
End: Jun 3, 2012 12:00:00 AM
Location: St Albans
Peter Burley (PhD
1981), who is National Coordinator of the Battlefields Trust, has kindly agreed
to give us a conducted tour of the First Battle of St. Albans, the opening
conflict of the War of the Roses.
We meet at St. Albans City station (Thameslink line from London St. Pancras) at 10.30am for a 10.45am start. There are car parks near the station. St. Albans is near the A1M, M1 and M25. There is no charge for the tour which will last around 2 hours with stops and ends at St. Albans Abbey (or Cathedral). There are catering facilities at the Abbey and at 2pm there is a public guided tour which members may wish to join. There is no set admission price (as at 10.11.11) but visitors are requested to give a minimum donation of £4. There is no additional charge for the Abbey tour.
It would be helpful
to know numbers by 2 June. For further details of the event, and to register
your interest, please contact Peter Dawe.
Page last modified on 18 apr 12 15:31 by Neil Matthews