History Alumni Events Publication
- AGM & Dinner - Fri 25 May
- Battlefields of St Albans - Sat 16 June
- Wesley's Chapel, Wesley's House and the Museum of Methodism - Sat 8 Sep
- Inaugural Lecture - 'Luxury and austerity in ancient Greece' - Tue 27 Nov 2012
- 'Language and Enlightenment' Discussion - Mon 10 December 2012
- Visit to William Morris Gallery - Sat 15 June 2013
- Visit to Marlborough House, London - Fri 22 Mar 2013
- Lecture Party with Dr Antonio Sennis - Fri 15 March 2013
- Alumnus Association AGM & Alumni Dinner - Fri 17 May - UPDATED INFORMATION
Visit to Marlborough House, London - Fri 22 Mar 2013
Publication date: Jan 9, 2013 8:06:01 AM
Jan 8, 2013 12:00:00 AM
End: Mar 21, 2013 12:00:00 AM
Location: Marlborough House, Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5HX
Marlborough House was designed by Wren for the Duke and Duchess of
Marlborough. It later became a Royal Palace in the early nineteenth century. It
was the birthplace of George V and the widowhood homes of Queens Alexandra and
Since 1965 it has been the headquarters of the Commonwealth
Secretariat and a frequent meeting place for Commonwealth conferences.
Alumni will have a private two hour conducted tour of the house and its grounds. Meet 2.15 pm at entrance for a 2.30 pm start. Marlborough House is in Marlborough Road, London SW1 which lies between The Mall and Pall Mall. Nearest tubes are Charing Cross or Green Park.
There is a small charge of £5 per head and to enable payment en bloc, send cheques payable to P.J. Dawe and addressed to 47, Fyfield Road, London E17 3RE by Saturday, March 16. As always guests are welcomed and names must be known for security reasons.
Bookings and enquiries to Peter Dawe, Events Officer
Page last modified on 09 jan 13 08:01 by Neil Matthews