History Alumni Events Publication
- AGM & Dinner - Fri 25 May
- Battlefields of St Albans - Sat 16 June
- Wesley's Chapel, Wesley's House and the Museum of Methodism - Sat 8 Sep
- Inaugural Lecture - 'Luxury and austerity in ancient Greece' - Tue 27 Nov 2012
- 'Language and Enlightenment' Discussion - Mon 10 December 2012
- Visit to William Morris Gallery - Sat 15 June 2013
- Visit to Marlborough House, London - Fri 22 Mar 2013
- Lecture Party with Dr Antonio Sennis - Fri 15 March 2013
- Alumnus Association AGM & Alumni Dinner - Fri 17 May - UPDATED INFORMATION
- Bonnie and Clyde Screening and Discussion, Cinema Museum, London (Wed 17 July)
- Victoria and Albert Museum - Private Tour, Mon 7 Oct 2013
- Lecture: The Intellectual Consequences of the First World War - Wed 27 November 2013
Alumnus Association AGM & Alumni Dinner - Fri 17 May - UPDATED INFORMATION
Publication date: Apr 18, 2013 6:16:37 PM
Apr 18, 2013 12:00:00 AM
End: May 18, 2013 12:00:00 AM
Location: Wilkins Terrace Restaurant
You are all
invited to attend this year's Alumni Dinner which will be held in the Terrace
Restaurant (Wilkins Building, Gower Street) at 7.00pm on Friday 17 May.
Tickets cost £45 per person and you are welcome to bring a guest. We
would particularly like to encourage those who have not attended one of our
annual dinners in the past to come.
After the dinner there will be a brief speech by Professor David d'Avray about Professor Jimmy Burns followed by a talk on "The History of Experience - Interpreting Memories and Legacy" by Professor Jane Chapman, an alumna who, after graduating from UCL, went to Cambridge to do her PGCE before returning to London to do a PhD at LSE. She is now currently Professor of Communications at Lincoln University, a Research Fellow at Wolfson College, Cambridge, and a Visiting Professor at Macquarrie University, Australia which she visits in the summer (their winter). Her most recent research has been on comics in the World Wars and on women in the struggle for Indian independence. She has written several books and many learned articles. As well as being a historian of the media, Jane has also been a TV presenter, producer of documentaries, a councillor and teacher.
Also on the 17th of May is the Alumnus Association AGM. The agenda will be circulated to association members in due course by Katharine Housden (Association Secretary). For those who would like to attend the AGM the format of the evening will look like this: 5.00-6.00pm - AGM, Room B32, 26 Gordon Square 6.00pm - Opportunity to visit the UCL Art Museum or you may prefer a drink in the Housman Room 7.00pm - Dinner, Terrace Restaurant 8.30pm - Speech by Professor David d'Avray and talk by Professor Jane Chapman, Terrace Restaurant 9.00pm - We have to vacate the premises, but there may well be a contingent going to the pub afterwards!
Book your place at the Dinner now to avoid disappointment. Dress code: lounge suits.
NB: you are welcome to attend either the AGM or the Dinner, or both.
Page last modified on 18 apr 13 18:08 by Neil Matthews