· We’ll teach you in small groups. We give you one-to-one tutorials throughout your degree. Our class groups are no bigger than 15 and sometimes as small as 4.
· We’ll give you one-to-one feedback on every piece of work you do for us. Professor or Doctor, we all teach you and whoever does will mark and give you a proper tutorial on all your work, so you can be even better historians.
· You’ll take courses specifically designed to help you move from school to university. Our redesigned First Year helps you manage the shift to university. ‘Writing History’ helps you do that. ‘Making History’ gets you thinking about a range of ‘primary’ sources, sites, and monuments in London: from the ‘Elgin Marbles’ to the Temple Church to Lincoln’s statue in Parliament Square.
· We’ll teach you what we care about and are working on. We’re regularly one of the UK’s top 5 history departments and we’re constantly developing new courses which engage with our research so you get cutting-edge research when we teach you. Our curriculum is flexible, modern, and personal to us.
· You’ll be able to take an extraordinary range of courses across time and space. We have permanent staff for all periods: ancient, medieval, early modern and modern. We have permanent staff for all places: Britain, Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Africa, India, China, and Australia.
· You’ll be at a university with one of the best records of graduate employment. A UK top 5 History department (Guardian University Guide 2015), we produce some of the highest earning graduates in the UK.
Page last modified on 29 jul 14 14:19 by SRP