Starts: Oct 28, 2013 9:30:00 AM
May 7, 2013 1:00:00 PM
End: May 17, 2013 7:30:00 PM
Location: various venues, UCL Bloomsbury Campus More...
The panel investigates shifts in the role of the Holocaust in European public debates in the recent past. Contrasting developments in Poland, Germany, and Great Britain, we will identify common threads as well as differences in perceiving, presenting, memorizing the mass murder of European Jewries.
The Yiddish Forverts has recently published a report from the Graduate Student Conference on ‘Jewish Spirituality in Eastern Europe – a Textual Perspective,’ held at the Department of Hebrew and Jewish Studies, UCL on 6-7 June, 2012. The article, authored by conference participant Adi Mahalel (Columbia University), is available online on the website of the Forverts: http://yiddish.forward.com/node/4589 More...
Over a period of three years, the Hebrew and Jewish Studies Department at UCL has been cooperating in a research project devoted to 'Cultural Continuitiy in the Diaspora: Paris and Berlin in 1917-1937', based at the Department of European Studies and Modern Languages, University of Bath, and in cooperation with the Centre for European and International Studies at the University of Portsmouth. The project had been funded by the Leverhulme Trust Academic Collaboration-International Network scheme. Among the initiators of the project had been the late John D. Klier. More...
Donate to the Department by clicking on the button below:
Guidelines for Essay Submissions
This is important. If you are handing in an essay, below are instructions and a checklist of questions to help ensure you have everything you need.
- Do you have TWO copies of your essay (one electronic, one hard copy)?
- Is the Departmental Essay Cover Sheet stapled to the HARD COPY?
Do BOTH copies have YOUR OWN cover sheet with:
- your student number (e.g. 1180746, your UCL ID card);
- the course code and title;
- the essay question / title; and
- the lecturer's name? (e.g. Prof. Sacha Stern)
- Have you followed the style guidelines as set out in the Style Sheet for Essays - The How to...Guide?
- Your name should ONLY appear on the Departmental Student Essay Cover Sheet attached to your HARD COPY.
- If you require an EXTENSION, do make sure that you have discussed the revised deadline with Dr Helen Beer, Departmental Tutor, and printed the departmental Authorisation for Deferred Work form
- The electronic copy of your essay will be marked and returned to you via Turn-It-In.