- Europe and the Holocaust - Shifts in Public Debates in Poland, Germany and the UK
- Graduate Student Conference: Jewish Spirituality in Eastern Europe
- New publication: The Russian-Jewish Diaspora and European Culture, 1917-1937
- International Graduate Student Conference 2012
- UCL Festival of the Arts May 7-17
- Visions of Judaism and Jewish Community in the 19th Century: The Impact of Sir Moses Montefiore
- ‘Searching for Exile: Truth or Myth?’
- Biblical Hebrew Summer School
‘Searching for Exile: Truth or Myth?’
16 December 2013
Professor Sacha Stern (UCL Hebrew &
Jewish Studies) appeared on BBC Four in a debate chaired by Ed Stourton on the
controversial documentary film ‘Search for Exile: Truth or Myth?’ (Ilan Ziv,
2013), on Sunday 3 November 2013.
The film, which was shown before the debate, argues that there was no exile of Jews from Palestine after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE, and that contrary to the Zionist myth of exile and return, Jews and Arabs have had a common history in the land until the creation of the State of Israel.