Guidelines for Essay Submissions
This is important. If you are handing in an essay, below are instructions and a checklist of questions to help ensure you have everything you need.
- Do you have TWO copies of your essay (one electronic, one hard copy)?
- Is the Departmental Essay Cover Sheet (PDF) stapled to the HARD COPY?
Do BOTH copies have YOUR OWN cover sheet with:
- your student number (e.g. 1180746, your UCL ID card)
- the course code and title;
- the essay question / title; and
- the lecturer's name? (e.g. Professor Sacha Stern)
- Have you followed the style guidelines as set out in the Departmental Style Sheet (PDF)?
- Your name should ONLY appear on the Departmental Student Essay Cover Sheet attached to your HARD COPY.
- If you require an EXTENSION, do make sure that you have discussed the revised deadline with Dr Helen Beer, Departmental Tutor, and printed the departmental Authorisation for Deferred Work Form (PDF)
- The electronic copy of your essay will be marked and returned to you via Turn-It-In.