||DR LION SHAHAB CPsychol
- impact of biomarker feedback on cognitive antecedents of behaviour change
- feasibility of using biomarker feedback to motivate cessation
Tobacco product regulation:
- detection of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases at population level
- inter-relationship between disease diagnosis and smoking status
- evaluation of smoke constituent testing regimes
- level of exposure of smokers of different tobacco products to carcinogens
- association between tobacco product design and smoke exposure
Novel smoking cessation interventions:
- evaluation of legislative changes on use of nicotine replacement therapy
- assessment of attitudes in the general population towards new tobacco control strategies
- development and testing of pharmacological and behavioural treatment for smoking cessation
- systematic meta-analytic evaluation of novel interventions
- evaluation of smoking-related health education in the medical profession
- association of mental well-being with smoking and smoking cessation
- early changes in synaptic transmission and plasticity in Alzheimer's Disease
Smoking toolkit study: Longitudinal investigation of the association self-reported happiness levels among smokers who continue to smoke and those who stop smoking.
Nicotine replacement study: Laboratory study to evaluate the effects on withdrawal symptoms and acceptability of a novel nicotine delivery device.
Internet-based Smoking Cessation Intervention Trial: Development and evaluation of an effective interactive internet-based smoking cessation programme for use in the UK.
ATTEMPT study: International longitudinal cohort study examining a range of short-term physical and mental health outcomes in individuals as a function of smoking status.
GSK3 study: Electrophysiological study of the role of glycogen synthase kinase -3 in hippocampal synaptic transmission in a knockin mouse model.
Course Leader for MSc in Health Psychology at UCL; occasional lecturer at external institutions
2011 - Lecturer, Department of Epidemiology & Public Health, UCL
2007 - Research Associate, Department of Epidemiology & Public Health, UCL
2005 - Freelance Research Psychologist
2010 MSc Neuroscience, University College London
2008 PGCLTHE, University College London
2008 PhD Health Psychology, University of London
2004 MSc Health Psychology, Institute of Psychiatry
2003 BA Psychology, Philosophy & Physiology, University of Oxford
Completing Chartered Health Psychologist Stage II training; Freelance consultancy work; Referee for various international journals and funding organisations;
Assistant Editor for Addiction; Supervising activity at Masters and Doctoral level; Internal and external PhD examiner
This page last modified 25 May, 2011 by Mark Livermore
+44 (0)20 7679 1805
+44 (0)20 7813 2848
Postal address: Health Behaviour Research Centre, Department of Epidemiology & Public Health,
UCL, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Office: Room 344,
1-19 Torrington Place,