||DR CHRISTIAN VON WAGNER
Senior Lecturer in Behavioural Research in Early Diagnosis of Cancer
Health Literacy, Colorectal Cancer Screening, Decision Making, Socioeconomic Inequalities.
Current research involving:
- attitudes towards colorectal cancer screening
- the translation of intentions to health behaviour
- the application of new health technologies to screening and diagnosis of bowel-related illnesses and colorectal cancer
- the application of health literacy to understanding inequalities in the context of cancer screening uptake
- socio-economic inequalities in participation in the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme
Pro-Act Study: Promoting Action in screening participation.
SIGGAR: Multi-centre randomised comparison of CT colonography versus standard investigation (barium enema or colonoscopy).
Orbit: Optimising radiologic bowel imaging tests.
Fit for follow up: evaluation of the psychological impact of self sampling in bowel cancer surveillance.
The Ascend project: developing and testing interventions to reduce socioeconomic inequalities in CRC screening.
2005- Research Fellow in Epidemiology & Public Health, UCL Epidemiology & Public Health
2003- 2005 Teaching Fellow, Bute Medical School, University of St Andrews
2004 PhD in Psychology, University of York
2000 BSc in Experimental Psychology, University of Sussex
This page last modified 3 Sept, 2013 by Mark Livermore
+44 (0)20 7679 1614
+44 (0)20 7679 8354
Postal address: Health Behaviour Research Centre, Department of Epidemiology & Public Health,
UCL, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Office: Room 536,
1-19 Torrington Place,