||DR CHRISTIAN VON WAGNER
Senior Research Associate
Health Literacy, Colorectal Cancer Screening, Decision Making, Socioeconomic Inequalities.
Current research involving:
- attitudes towards colorectal cancer screening
- the translation of intentions to health behaviour
- the application of new health technologies to screening and diagnosis of bowel-related illnesses and colorectal cancer
- the application of health literacy to understanding inequalities in the context of cancer screening uptake
- socio-economic inequalities in participation in the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme
Pro-Act Study: Promoting Action in screening participation.
SIGGAR: Multi-centre randomised comparison of CT colonography versus standard investigation (barium enema or colonoscopy).
Orbit: Optimising radiologic bowel imaging tests.
Fit for follow up: evaluation of the psychological impact of self sampling in bowel cancer surveillance.
The Ascend project: developing and testing interventions to reduce socioeconomic inequalities in CRC screening.
2005- Research Fellow in Epidemiology & Public Health, UCL Epidemiology & Public Health
2003- 2005 Teaching Fellow, Bute Medical School, University of St Andrews
2004 PhD in Psychology, University of York
2000 BSc in Experimental Psychology, University of Sussex
This page last modified 18 Aug, 2011 by Mark Livermore
+44 (0)20 7679 1940
+44 (0)20 7679 8354
Postal address: Health Behaviour Research Centre, Department of Epidemiology & Public Health,
UCL, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Office: Room 536,
1-19 Torrington Place,