In the autumn term, we’ll be running a big project about the future of UCL’s carbon emissions. More...
Published: Jul 21, 2014 2:46:00 PM
UCL's President & Provost, Professor Graham Hart, Dean of the Faculty of Population Health Sciences and the Sustainability team paid tribute to the remarkable efforts of the UCL community in tackling our environmental impacts this week at the Green Impact Award Ceremony. More...
Published: Jun 11, 2014 3:03:00 PM
Come to the South Quad for: More...
Published: May 12, 2014 12:41:00 PM
Congratulations to everyone who joined in with the Big Easter Switch Off. More...
Published: May 1, 2014 11:54:00 AM
How to take part in the Big Easter Switch Off
Use these resources to guide you through the switch off in your department, lab or residence, and to promote your involvement to increase the impact of the campaign.
How to get started
- Put up Big Easter Switch Off posters around your department (available below).
- Send out an email to everyone in your department asking them to Pledge to Switch-Off. You could do this yourself or ask your Departmental Administrator to do it for you.
- Add our Big Easter Switch Off logo to your email footer. See below for the image.
- Tweet and post updates about the Big Easter Switch Off. Why not include the shareable image below?
- Identify some volunteers in your department will be responsible for encouraging people to Switch-off – your Green Impact team is probably a good start. Ask them if they can tweet and put the logo in their email footer too.
- On the day that UCL closes for Easter – use your volunteers and the checklists to ensure everything’s off.
Switch off checklists
- Switch off checklist for residences (Word doc)
- Switch off checklist for departments and divisions (Word doc)
- Switch off checklist for labs (Word doc)
UCL website banner (to fit most UCL websites using the corporate templates)
(Left) Big Switch Off poster (download a pdf version).
(Right) Big Switch Off image to share on your department or division's Facebook and Twitter accounts (download a full-size version).
Email footer - click on the image for a high-resolution version.