UCL is currently preparing a formal response to Transport for London's proposals for both a new segregated East-West Cycle Superhighway through Central London and a North-South Cycle Superhighway between Elephant & Castle and King's Cross. If you'd like to make any make any suggestions to be considered as part of this response, please contact Joanna Marshall-Cook before Friday 3rd October. More...
Published: Sep 26, 2014 10:28:00 AM
As part of UCL’s ongoing work to improve recycling rates, a new approach to waste and recycling is being introduced across the university. This includes a new way to segregate waste, the introduction of hundreds of news bins and a unified waste signage scheme. More...
Published: Sep 19, 2014 11:02:00 AM
As part of UCL's ongoing work to improve cycling facilities for staff and students, the UCL Sustainability Team have completed the installation of new parking spaces for 181 bikes around the Bloomsbury campus. More...
Published: Aug 19, 2014 9:30:00 AM
How to take part in the Big Easter Switch Off
Use these resources to guide you through the switch off in your department, lab or residence, and to promote your involvement to increase the impact of the campaign.
How to get started
- Put up Big Easter Switch Off posters around your department (available below).
- Send out an email to everyone in your department asking them to Pledge to Switch-Off. You could do this yourself or ask your Departmental Administrator to do it for you.
- Add our Big Easter Switch Off logo to your email footer. See below for the image.
- Tweet and post updates about the Big Easter Switch Off. Why not include the shareable image below?
- Identify some volunteers in your department will be responsible for encouraging people to Switch-off – your Green Impact team is probably a good start. Ask them if they can tweet and put the logo in their email footer too.
- On the day that UCL closes for Easter – use your volunteers and the checklists to ensure everything’s off.
Switch off checklists
- Switch off checklist for residences (Word doc)
- Switch off checklist for departments and divisions (Word doc)
- Switch off checklist for labs (Word doc)
UCL website banner (to fit most UCL websites using the corporate templates)
(Left) Big Switch Off poster (download a pdf version).
(Right) Big Switch Off image to share on your department or division's Facebook and Twitter accounts (download a full-size version).
Email footer - click on the image for a high-resolution version.