- OUR COMMITMENTS
- WHAT'S HAPPENING?
- ABOUT US
GET REWARDED FOR CYCLING! Win prizes and earn bikemiles for every mile you cycle in Camden. More...
Published: Jun 13, 2013 2:10:43 PM
Green Week UCL
This year's Green Week will take place October 16th-18th 2012 in UCL's Quad and South Cloisters and will explore different aspects of environmental sustainability.
Delicious food and FREE Rainforest Alliance coffee will be provided throughout the event!
Poster Competition - October 16-17th - South Cloisters
We will be displaying around thirty posters on environment-related work at UCL from across the university's disciplines. Come and see the wide range of submissions and rate the posters, a list of submissions is now available online.
Food Day - October 16th 11am-3pm - Quad
- Planting out portable growing beds and reusing coffee cups to grow seedlings with London Wildlife Trust and Bentham's Farm.
- Live cooking demonstration showing you how to make veggie burgers and get you thinking about nutrition.
- North London Waste Authority will show you how to reduce your food waste with recipe cards and portion measuring equipment in a 'food waste pack' to take away with you.
- Mapping for Change will be plotting out where you like to eat - come and make your mark on our map.
Materials Day - October 17th 11am-3pm - Quad
- Giant clothes/books swap - bring and exchange your items with Green UCL and MODO, UCL's fashion society.
- Staff claim your free re-useable coffee mug and get a live demonstration of the Waste Action Reuse Portal WARPit, an easy way for staff to exchange unwanted items within UCL.
- Play the Track Your Top/Trousers challenge with Mapping for Change - where in the world have your clothes come from?
Transport Day - October 18th 11am-3pm - Quad
UCL is taking part in a pilot scheme for cycle safety ambassadors run by TfL and the Quad will be packed with transport-related activities.
The timings of the lead cycle rides and maintenance workshops have now been confirmed, see the timings page.
- Make your own smoothie on a bike with Charity Bike Build's smoothie bike
- Free cycle maintenance from Dr Bike (LCC and Camden Council)
- See the Met Police for bike tagging.
- Try the exchanging places experience - get into the cab of a lorry and look in the mirror to see how drivers of large vehicles view you as a cyclist/pedestrian.
- London Cycle Campaign will be providing lead cycle rides
- At the nearby Gower Place Barclays Cycle Hire stand the Roadshow will be providing information on the scheme. Tell us how you get to UCL with Mapping for Change.
- Pedal-powered cinema where cyclists will power the audiovisuals! The film will start at 6:30 and will be shown in the portico. (Film TBC.)
- In addition to our activities, UCLU will host an Ethics and Environment Forum.
This event is organised by UCL's Environmental Sustainability Team.
Other contributors are: