- ABOUT US
- GET INVOLVED
- OUR COMMITMENTS
Win £20k of funding for your great low carbon idea! More...
Published: Dec 11, 2013 9:59:00 AM
UCL has been awarded Gold EcoCampus certification following an audit of its Environmental Sustainability Management System. Currently used in nearly half of Russell Group universities, EcoCampus is a leading tool to assess environmental management in Higher Education. More...
Published: Nov 28, 2013 3:46:00 PM
UCL Green Week 2013 - a round up
Green Week took place on the 15th-17th October 2013. This year, we explored different ways that you can make a positive environmental impact during your time at UCL.
Tuesday 15th October
- NETpositive is a brand new online platform for UCL students. It's all about connecting students with opportunities to make a positive social, environmental and economic impact during their time at UCL.
- To celebrate its launch, we placed NETpositive 'speechbubbles' in unusual locations all around campus and ran an event in the Main Quad where students posed in our NETpositive photobooth and wrote their pledges for positive action on our pledge wall.
Environment and Ethics Forum
- UCLU Environment and Ethics ran a forum to all students to meet, network and discuss plans for the year.
Wednesday 16th October
Get Cycling Day
- In the Main Quad we ran a whole range of cycling activities. There were opportunities to find out more about Camden's Stravel scheme that rewards cycling with brilliant prizes, free cycle maintenance from Dr Bike, free bike security tagging by local police and the 'exchanging places' experience, which gave staff and students the opportunity to get into the cab of a HGV lorry and see what visibility they have of cyclists and pedestrians.
Thursday 17th October
Green Impact drop-in sessions
- Green Impact is an environmental accreditation and award scheme that's all about engaging staff and students to make a positive environmental impact in their department. You can find out more about Green Impact here.
- We ran drop-in sessions to give staff and students a chance to find out more about how they can use Green Impact in their department and ask questions about the scheme.
Student Switch Off introduction and training
- Student Switch Off ran fun and interactive workshops providing students with skills in communication, social media and environmental campaigning. They looked at ‘Student Switch Off’ (www.facebook.com/uclstudentswitchoff) as a practical example of how to create behaviour change and planned how students can help their hall win this year’s energy saving competition.