In the autumn term, we’ll be running a big project about the future of UCL’s carbon emissions. More...
Published: Jul 21, 2014 2:46:00 PM
UCL's President & Provost, Professor Graham Hart, Dean of the Faculty of Population Health Sciences and the Sustainability team paid tribute to the remarkable efforts of the UCL community in tackling our environmental impacts this week at the Green Impact Award Ceremony. More...
Published: Jun 11, 2014 3:03:00 PM
Come to the South Quad for: More...
Published: May 12, 2014 12:41:00 PM
Congratulations to everyone who joined in with the Big Easter Switch Off. More...
Published: May 1, 2014 11:54:00 AM
UCL's Environmental Sustainability Strategy establishes a framework to tackle the environmental impacts of the Institution’s operations (e.g. carbon emissions, water use, waste generated, materials procured and consumed, impact on biodiversity, travel and transport) in the context of supporting and enhancing the Institution’s core academic activities.
This strategy has been developed in consultation with UCL staff and students and represents a framework for action to be taken. It will be reviewed annually and updated as our understanding of the scale of challenge and opportunity develops.
- UCL's Environmental Sustainability Strategy (pdf) (January 2013)
It is based on five core aims:
- To create a sustainable campus
- To enable and empower all UCL communities to address their environmental sustainability effects
- To provide the education, advancement, dissemination and application of sustainable development
- To maximise the wider impact of UCL's environmental sustainability activities at a local, regional, national and international level
- To become a leader across the HE sector in terms of environmental sustainability
UCL’s progress in 2011/12 against the core aims and the specific targets and commitments that it has set itself is presented in the
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Annual Report (March 2013)
- Environmental Sustainability Policy (pdf) (March 2013)
- Carbon Management Plan (pdf) (March 2011)
- Sustainable Food Policy (pdf) (March 2013)
UCL is committed to managing its environmental and sustainability impacts and is working to implement an environmental management system to the Ecocampus standard. Procedures and controls (e.g. for emergency preparedness or oil storage), as well as templates and forms, can be found at the UCL Moodle Environmental Sustainability Management System page using your UCL login details.
Get involved: UCL's staff and students will play an important role in UCL's environmental performance. Find out more about getting involved with our programmes and initiatives here.