UCL and its partners Office and General and Bywaters have received a Highly Commended accolade at the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) awards. More...
Published: Nov 12, 2014 10:43:00 AM
Image: a visualisation of proposed segregated two-way cycle track on Tower Hill
Published: Nov 6, 2014 5:17:00 PM
Green Impact, UCL's annual sustainability programme is now live for the 2014-15 period, and all departments and divisions are encouraged to get involved. More...
Published: Oct 31, 2014 5:10:00 PM
The Sustainability Team are gathering ideas, views and insights into how we can all create a more sustainable UCL. After all, no one knows your departments, buildings and your work like you do. More...
Published: Oct 29, 2014 10:34:00 AM
UCL's Environmental Sustainability Strategy establishes a framework to tackle the environmental impacts of the Institution’s operations (e.g. carbon emissions, water use, waste generated, materials procured and consumed, impact on biodiversity, travel and transport) in the context of supporting and enhancing the Institution’s core academic activities.
This strategy has been developed in consultation with UCL staff and students and represents a framework for action to be taken. It will be reviewed annually and updated as our understanding of the scale of challenge and opportunity develops.
- UCL's Environmental Sustainability Strategy (pdf) (January 2013)
It is based on five core aims:
- To create a sustainable campus
- To enable and empower all UCL communities to address their environmental sustainability effects
- To provide the education, advancement, dissemination and application of sustainable development
- To maximise the wider impact of UCL's environmental sustainability activities at a local, regional, national and international level
- To become a leader across the HE sector in terms of environmental sustainability
UCL’s progress against these core aims can be found in the Green UCL Annual Report 2012-13:
You can also download this report as a pdf.
Previous Annual Report:
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Annual Report (March 2013)
- Environmental Sustainability Policy (pdf) (March 2013)
- Carbon Management Plan (pdf) (March 2011)
- Sustainable Food Policy (pdf) (March 2013)
UCL is committed to managing its environmental and sustainability impacts and is working to implement an environmental management system to the Ecocampus standard. Procedures and controls (e.g. for emergency preparedness or oil storage), as well as templates and forms, can be found at the UCL Moodle Environmental Sustainability Management System page using your UCL login details.
Get involved: UCL's staff and students will play an important role in UCL's environmental performance. Find out more about getting involved with our programmes and initiatives here.