UCL has been awarded Gold EcoCampus certification following an audit of its Environmental Sustainability Management System. Currently used in nearly half of Russell Group universities, EcoCampus is a leading tool to assess environmental management in Higher Education. More...
Published: Nov 28, 2013 3:46:00 PM
UCLoo Festival is an exciting series of hands-on activities and events based on research relating to the challenge of redesigning the toilet for the 21st century. The festival’s convenors are Sarah Bell (UCL Urban Laboratory Co-Director), Barbara Penner (Bartlett School of Architecture) and Tse-Hui Teh (Bartlett School of Planning). It opens on UN World Toilet Day on the 19th November and runs until the 3rd December. More...
Published: Nov 19, 2013 12:48:00 PM
UCL has developed its first Environmental Sustainability Strategy.
- Environmental Sustainability Strategy (pdf) (January 2013)
It is based on five core aims:
- To create a sustainable campus
- To enable and empower all UCL communities to address their environmental sustainability effects
- To provide the education, advancement, dissemination and application of sustainable development
- To maximise the wider impact of UCL's environmental sustainability activities at a local, regional, national and international level
- To become a leader across the HE sector in terms of environmental sustainability
UCL’s progress in 2011/12 against the core aims and the specific targets and commitments that it has set itself is presented in the
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Annual Report (March 2013)
- Environmental Sustainability Policy (pdf) (March 2013)
- Carbon Management Plan (pdf) (March 2011)
- Sustainable Food Policy (pdf) (March 2013)
UCL is committed to managing its environmental and sustainability impacts and is working to implement an environmental management system to the Ecocampus standard. Procedures and controls (e.g. for emergency preparedness or oil storage), as well as templates and forms, can be found at the UCL Moodle Environmental Sustainability Management System page using your UCL login details.
Get involved: UCL's staff and students will play an important role in UCL's environmental performance. Find out more about getting involved with our programmes and initiatives here.