Green UCL News publication
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
- Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
- Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
- UCL action for Sustainability Celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
- Students: give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green UCL Annual Report published
- New bike racks installed around UCL
- UCL engineers work with contractors to boost biodiversity
- A new approach to recycling at UCL
- Will your department take part in UCL Green Impact?
- UCL's response to Transport for London's proposed Cycle Superhighways
- Gearing up for a new year
- Become an ambassador for the Mayor of London's Low Carbon Entrepreneur
- UCL backs proposed Cycle Superhighways
- UCL achieves Highly Commended for Sustainable Facilities Management
- The Sustainability Team is recruiting!
- Free hydrogen-powered mulled apple juice and switching off stickers
- Cut down on waste and get an extra £200 in your pocket
Catherine Windrow works for North London Waste Authority and took part in Green Space at the North Observatory earlier this term. Here she shares some easy tips to reduce waste, improve your environmental impact and save money. More...
Published: Dec 15, 2014 11:09:00 AM
On Tuesday 9th December, 12-2pm, we'll be raising awareness about the Christmas Switch Off by giving away free mulled apple juice powered by the UCL's brilliant UCell hydrogen fuel cell in the Main Quad. More...
Published: Dec 8, 2014 11:22:00 AM
Want to join UCL’s Sustainability Team and help improve the sustainability of our business and projects? More...
Published: Nov 25, 2014 10:35:00 AM
UCL and its partners Office and General and Bywaters have received a Highly Commended accolade at the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) awards. More...
Published: Nov 12, 2014 10:43:00 AM
UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
19 November 2013
UCLoo Festival is an exciting series of hands-on activities and events based on research relating to the challenge of redesigning the toilet for the 21st century. The festival’s convenors are Sarah Bell (UCL Urban Laboratory Co-Director), Barbara Penner (Bartlett School of Architecture) and Tse-Hui Teh (Bartlett School of Planning). It opens on UN World Toilet Day on the 19th November and runs until the 3rd December.
The centrepiece of the festival is a new ecological toilet installed in the North Observatory of UCL’s Main Quad. Supported by UCL’s Environmental Sustainability team and staff in Facilities Services, the teams worked with the toilet’s designers to overcome the challenges of installing a compost toilet in an unplumbed and unconventional space.
Tony Overbury, Sustainability Manager, explained the teams’ interest both in reducing water consumption across the campus, but also in the social aspects of water and sanitation, with 2.6 billion people without access to proper sanitation worldwide.
Find out more and see the programme of events: