Green UCL News publication
- Rollapaluza League Table from Welcome Fair
- BioRegional present One Planet Living in Topic Lunch Series
- GREEN UCL at Welcome Fair
- Green Impact UCL 2012/13 Now Running!
- Green Week UCL Poster Exhibition - Abstracts Online
- Green Week UCL is here
- Green Week Day 2 - Materials
- Green Week UCL Poster Competition Winners
- It's TRANSPORT day of Green Week UCL!
- Green Week UCL - How did it go?
- First Forum of Green Innovation UCL
- Green Innovation UCL is running
- Topic Lunch Presentation "Urbanisation in China"
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Strategy Consultation
- "Mapping Personal Thermal Comfort" - 26th November 1-2pm
- "Cycling, walking or driving – what are the risks and benefits?" by Jenny Mindell (UCL Epidemiology & Public Health)
- MODO and Green UCL Boot Sale
- Green Impact UCL League Table End of November
- Apply for UCLU Green Impact Special Awards
- Green Impact League Table December 17th
- Green Impact League Table January 21st
- Free IEMA accredited environmental audit training and experience for UCL students
- Cycle Safety Day - Thursday 31st January
- Students Switch Off to Success
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Become an Ambassador for the Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Champions Forum and Training Sessions
- Green Impact Award April 24th 2013
- HEFCE NUS Fund
- Public Lecture
- Earn rewards for cycling with pleasecycle
- Cycling Ambassador Bike days in July
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
- Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
- Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
- UCL action for Sustainability Celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
- Students: give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
In the autumn term, we’ll be running a big project about the future of UCL’s carbon emissions. More...
Published: Jul 21, 2014 2:46:00 PM
UCL's President & Provost, Professor Graham Hart, Dean of the Faculty of Population Health Sciences and the Sustainability team paid tribute to the remarkable efforts of the UCL community in tackling our environmental impacts this week at the Green Impact Award Ceremony. More...
Published: Jun 11, 2014 3:03:00 PM
Come to the South Quad for: More...
Published: May 12, 2014 12:41:00 PM
Congratulations to everyone who joined in with the Big Easter Switch Off. More...
Published: May 1, 2014 11:54:00 AM
UCL has successfully achieved its first Ska Gold certificate for its refurbishment project in the Whittington Hospital. This rating represents environmental best practice in terms of reducing waste, using more sustainable materials, installing highly efficient lighting, and water saving toilets. More...
Published: Mar 27, 2014 12:31:00 PM
UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
19 November 2013
UCLoo Festival is an exciting series of hands-on activities and events based on research relating to the challenge of redesigning the toilet for the 21st century. The festival’s convenors are Sarah Bell (UCL Urban Laboratory Co-Director), Barbara Penner (Bartlett School of Architecture) and Tse-Hui Teh (Bartlett School of Planning). It opens on UN World Toilet Day on the 19th November and runs until the 3rd December.
The centrepiece of the festival is a new ecological toilet installed in the North Observatory of UCL’s Main Quad. Supported by UCL’s Environmental Sustainability team and staff in Facilities Services, the teams worked with the toilet’s designers to overcome the challenges of installing a compost toilet in an unplumbed and unconventional space.
Tony Overbury, Sustainability Manager, explained the teams’ interest both in reducing water consumption across the campus, but also in the social aspects of water and sanitation, with 2.6 billion people without access to proper sanitation worldwide.
Find out more and see the programme of events: