Green UCL News publication
- Rollapaluza League Table from Welcome Fair
- BioRegional present One Planet Living in Topic Lunch Series
- GREEN UCL at Welcome Fair
- Green Impact UCL 2012/13 Now Running!
- Green Week UCL Poster Exhibition - Abstracts Online
- Green Week UCL is here
- Green Week Day 2 - Materials
- Green Week UCL Poster Competition Winners
- It's TRANSPORT day of Green Week UCL!
- Green Week UCL - How did it go?
- First Forum of Green Innovation UCL
- Green Innovation UCL is running
- Topic Lunch Presentation "Urbanisation in China"
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Strategy Consultation
- "Mapping Personal Thermal Comfort" - 26th November 1-2pm
- "Cycling, walking or driving – what are the risks and benefits?" by Jenny Mindell (UCL Epidemiology & Public Health)
- MODO and Green UCL Boot Sale
- Green Impact UCL League Table End of November
- Apply for UCLU Green Impact Special Awards
- Green Impact League Table December 17th
- Green Impact League Table January 21st
- Free IEMA accredited environmental audit training and experience for UCL students
- Cycle Safety Day - Thursday 31st January
- Students Switch Off to Success
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Become an Ambassador for the Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Champions Forum and Training Sessions
- Green Impact Award April 24th 2013
- HEFCE NUS Fund
- Public Lecture
- Earn rewards for cycling with pleasecycle
- Cycling Ambassador Bike days in July
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
- Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
- Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
- UCL action for Sustainability Celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
UCL's President & Provost, Professor Graham Hart, Dean of the Faculty of Population Health Sciences and the Sustainability team paid tribute to the remarkable efforts of the UCL community in tackling our environmental impacts this week at the Green Impact Award Ceremony. More...
Published: Jun 11, 2014 3:03:00 PM
Come to the South Quad for: More...
Published: May 12, 2014 12:41:00 PM
Congratulations to everyone who joined in with the Big Easter Switch Off. More...
Published: May 1, 2014 11:54:00 AM
UCL has successfully achieved its first Ska Gold certificate for its refurbishment project in the Whittington Hospital. This rating represents environmental best practice in terms of reducing waste, using more sustainable materials, installing highly efficient lighting, and water saving toilets. More...
Published: Mar 27, 2014 12:31:00 PM
Between Tuesday 18th, until Friday 28th February, the member of staff that lists the most items* on UCL's WARPit site will win some brilliant Fairtrade prizes (as well as the knowledge that you’re making a real reduction to our environmental impact!) More...
Published: Feb 18, 2014 10:38:00 AM
Become an Ambassador for the Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
5 March 2013
A message from the Mayor's Low Carbon Prize Team...
We are recruiting ambassadors for the 2013 Mayor’s Low Carbon Prize (MLCP) and would be grateful if you would share this information with your student networks.
The Mayor's Low Carbon Prize, which is open to students at Further and Higher Education Institutions across the capital, will award cash prizes to help develop the best ideas for reducing carbon emissions from London's buildings, transport and energy infrastructure and forms part of the Mayor's commitment to achieve a 60 per cent reduction in carbon emissions by 2025.
The MLCP promotes innovation and entrepreneurialism amongst London’s students; shortlisted applicants have a chance to win a paid internship with leading industrial engineering firm Siemens, sponsors of the 2013 award. The intention is that this high-profile competition will become a highlight of the academic year – we need your help to do this.
We are now seeking ambassadors to assist us with the delivery of the competition within your institution. We will be holding a recruitment day on Wednesday 13th March at London’s Living Room, City Hall at 1400 prompt with a view to creating a team of individuals from each institution. We are looking for driven, outgoing and enthusiastic students that have creative and entrepreneurial flair and a passion for environmental/sustainable development issues. Ambassadors will also need to be organised and dependable.
The work is voluntary although Ambassadors will receive full support throughout the process and training on communication, presentation and wider engagement skills. Acting as an Ambassador will not affect eligibility to enter the competition. Please see the list of Ambassador duties below.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a high profile competition that will make a very worthwhile addition to any CV.
How to Apply
Applicants should respond by sending the following by Friday 8th March midday:
I confirm attendance at the Ambassador’s training session on Wednesday 13th March at London’s Living Room, City Hall at 1400 prompt.
Please answer the following three questions in less than 140 characters:
Why should London students apply to the MLCP:
How can applying to the MLCP support student employability:
Why do we need to engage students in carbon cutting ideas:
If you had a new idea, how would you get the attention of investors:
Why do we need new ideas for cutting carbon:
What do you love most about London:
Describe your 2050 vision for London:
Who would you most like to see on the MLCP 2013 judging panel and why:
Mayor’s Low Carbon Prize Ambassador Duties
To actively promote the MLCP within your institution, using your creativity, entrepreneurialism, drive, outgoing and enthusiastic nature and passion for sustainable development and reducing the capital’s carbon emissions.
Actively campaign at least once a week to generate new interest in the competition (suggested 3-5 hrs/wk)
Identify and actively promote at any relevant events that are taking place throughout your institution (enterprise, business, innovation, technology, environmental awareness events etc) and then record all events on a calendar shared with the MLCP team.
Inspire students in developing potential ideas and assist, where possible, in adapting any existing student ideas so that they are relevant to MLCP
Act as a point of contact for students at your institution
Encourage as many idea submissions as possible
Actively participate in online social media activity
Attend any meetings/promotional events being run by MLCP team and share information with peers
Provide weekly statistical updates to the MLCP team (on number of meetings, number of students attending, number of applications)
There will be a prize for the most active Ambassador teams and the most innovative ways of disseminating information
Facebook: The Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
LinkedIn group: The Mayor’s Low Carbon Prize