Green UCL News publication
- Rollapaluza League Table from Welcome Fair
- BioRegional present One Planet Living in Topic Lunch Series
- GREEN UCL at Welcome Fair
- Green Impact UCL 2012/13 Now Running!
- Green Week UCL Poster Exhibition - Abstracts Online
- Green Week UCL is here
- Green Week Day 2 - Materials
- Green Week UCL Poster Competition Winners
- It's TRANSPORT day of Green Week UCL!
- Green Week UCL - How did it go?
- First Forum of Green Innovation UCL
- Green Innovation UCL is running
- Topic Lunch Presentation "Urbanisation in China"
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Strategy Consultation
- "Mapping Personal Thermal Comfort" - 26th November 1-2pm
- "Cycling, walking or driving – what are the risks and benefits?" by Jenny Mindell (UCL Epidemiology & Public Health)
- MODO and Green UCL Boot Sale
- Green Impact UCL League Table End of November
- Apply for UCLU Green Impact Special Awards
- Green Impact League Table December 17th
- Green Impact League Table January 21st
- Free IEMA accredited environmental audit training and experience for UCL students
- Cycle Safety Day - Thursday 31st January
- Students Switch Off to Success
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Become an Ambassador for the Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Champions Forum and Training Sessions
- Green Impact Award April 24th 2013
- HEFCE NUS Fund
- Public Lecture
- Earn rewards for cycling with pleasecycle
- Cycling Ambassador Bike days in July
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
UCL has successfully achieved its first Ska Gold certificate for its refurbishment project in the Whittington Hospital. This rating represents environmental best practice in terms of reducing waste, using more sustainable materials, installing highly efficient lighting, and water saving toilets. More...
Published: Mar 27, 2014 12:31:00 PM
Between Tuesday 18th, until Friday 28th February, the member of staff that lists the most items* on UCL's WARPit site will win some brilliant Fairtrade prizes (as well as the knowledge that you’re making a real reduction to our environmental impact!) More...
Published: Feb 18, 2014 10:38:00 AM
Come along to UCLU and Green UCL’s Green Volunteering Fair, 6-8pm on Wednesday 12th February 2014 to find out about a huge variety of ways to make a positive environmental impact. More...
Published: Feb 7, 2014 10:46:00 AM
The latest results of the Green Impact are in! As always, big congratulations to all teams involved - we have a record number of teams taking part and nearly 600 actions taken as a result of the programme so far. More...
Published: Feb 6, 2014 11:35:00 AM
This year we launched NETpositive, a new online platform to help connect students with opportunities to make a positive social, environmental and economic impact during their time at UCL. The tool can be found at www.ucl.net-positive.org. More...
Published: Jan 13, 2014 11:39:00 AM
Green Impact Award April 24th 2013
2 May 2013
NUS Green Impact Programme
NUS Green Impact programme has been in progress at UCL for the second year running.
The programme encourages teams to undertake a number of actions to
reduce their environmental impacts - thereby contributing to UCL's overall environmental sustainability
In 2011/12, 19 UCL teams signed up and completed actions as part of Green Impact. In 2012/13, 29 teams have got involved in the programme and undertaken actions ranging from the purchase of sustainable food to the use of UCL's waste reuse scheme, WarpIt. As a result of the programme, UCL was able to achieve the following outcomes:
Energy: This year an estimated 2011 people were reached by teams putting up awareness raising notices and posters encouraging people to switch of lights and equipment when not needed, potentially saving 7,038kg CO2 per year.
Waste: An estimated 1920 people have been reached by teams raising awareness to print and photocopy doublesided, potentially saving 108,594kg CO2 and £40,220 on resource costs this year across the institution.
Waste: An estimated 1280 people have been reached by teams raising awareness around how to recycle different materials, potentially saving 41,068kg CO2.
Green Impact Gold Award is presented to the team which has achieved the
greatest number of actions against the programme workbook. This year, CEGE
Green Group retained the Award which they won in 2011/12. Some of the
elements which were identified by CEGE as key to their success included senior
management support, engagement with and participation from the students and a
collaborative approach to problem solving with all team members involved and
The Green UCL team would like to thank all the teams which took part. The programme will be running again in 2013/14 and we will be looking for even more teams to get involved.
Mark Roberts Received Environmental Hero Award
Team Green Counts: Working Towards Bronze Accreditation
Team PALS: Silver Accreditation
Team CEGE: Gold Accreditation
Team Careers Service: Bronze Accreditation
Team Walk the Green Line: Bronze Accreditation
Team Going for Green: Silver Accreditation
Team SSEES Library: Bronze Accreditation
Team Green Darwin: Bronze Accreditation
Team Facilities: Bronze Accreditation
Thanking Joanna Romanowicz for all of her work