Green UCL News publication
- Rollapaluza League Table from Welcome Fair
- BioRegional present One Planet Living in Topic Lunch Series
- GREEN UCL at Welcome Fair
- Green Impact UCL 2012/13 Now Running!
- Green Week UCL Poster Exhibition - Abstracts Online
- Green Week UCL is here
- Green Week Day 2 - Materials
- Green Week UCL Poster Competition Winners
- It's TRANSPORT day of Green Week UCL!
- Green Week UCL - How did it go?
- First Forum of Green Innovation UCL
- Green Innovation UCL is running
- Topic Lunch Presentation "Urbanisation in China"
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Strategy Consultation
- "Mapping Personal Thermal Comfort" - 26th November 1-2pm
- "Cycling, walking or driving – what are the risks and benefits?" by Jenny Mindell (UCL Epidemiology & Public Health)
- MODO and Green UCL Boot Sale
- Green Impact UCL League Table End of November
- Apply for UCLU Green Impact Special Awards
- Green Impact League Table December 17th
- Green Impact League Table January 21st
- Free IEMA accredited environmental audit training and experience for UCL students
- Cycle Safety Day - Thursday 31st January
- Students Switch Off to Success
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Become an Ambassador for the Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Champions Forum and Training Sessions
- Green Impact Award April 24th 2013
- HEFCE NUS Fund
- Public Lecture
- Earn rewards for cycling with pleasecycle
- Cycling Ambassador Bike days in July
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
- Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
- Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
- UCL action for Sustainability Celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
- Students: give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green UCL Annual Report published
- New bike racks installed around UCL
- UCL engineers work with contractors to boost biodiversity
As part of UCL's ongoing work to improve cycling facilities for staff and students, the UCL Sustainability Team have completed the installation of new parking spaces for 181 bikes around the Bloomsbury campus. More...
Published: Aug 19, 2014 9:30:00 AM
The replacement of air handling equipment on a roof at 1-19 Torrington Place has been used to trial an innovative approach to working with UCL's contractors to boost biodiversity. More...
Published: Aug 12, 2014 2:02:00 PM
Green UCL’s Annual Report for 2012-13 is now ready. This report showcases examples of best practice and sets out our progress in creating a more sustainable UCL. More...
Published: Aug 5, 2014 3:54:00 PM
In the autumn term, we’ll be running a big project about the future of UCL’s carbon emissions. More...
Published: Jul 21, 2014 2:46:00 PM
UCL's President & Provost, Professor Graham Hart, Dean of the Faculty of Population Health Sciences and the Sustainability team paid tribute to the remarkable efforts of the UCL community in tackling our environmental impacts this week at the Green Impact Award Ceremony. More...
Published: Jun 11, 2014 3:03:00 PM
Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
23 October 2013
This is an exciting time for Green Impact at UCL. After lots of work, discussion and feedback from previous participants, this year's workbook is now live. Last year, an incredible 25 departmental teams took part in the programme, from engineering to languages, to the careers service and libraries. This year, we're working to make this number even higher.
CEGE win Gold at the 2012 Green Impact award ceremony
Break big changes into simple steps
We know that reducing your environmental impact can be a real challenge. Green Impact helps by breaking down environmental improvements into simple, manageable actions. These actions are set out in an online workbook that makes taking action easy, more participatory and more fun. And UCL's Environmental Sustainability team is on hand to provide help, every step of the way.
Build on your successes
Last year, departments made ran some amazing projects as part of Green Impact. For instance, the team of the Division of Psychology and Language Sciences ran their own Green Awareness Day and also brightened up a grey area of Bedford Way by creating a garden. But it's not all about big actions. By simply joining and using WARPit (a website for UCL staff to share resources and equipment), teams across the university are helping to save energy, resources and money.
Before and after: the Division of Psychology and Language Sciences garden
Students are also a vital part of the programme. When it comes to auditing departments at the end of the year, we recruit students and provide them with a recognised training to help them do this. We'll also recruit and train students to work alongside any staff Green Impact team that thinks it would benefit from some extra help.
Find out more and get involved
Green Impact runs from October 2013 - March 2014. You can find out about the programme here.
You can register your team’s Green Impact workbook at: www.greenimpact.org.uk/ucl.
Contact the UCL Environmental Sustainability team to find out more: alex.green[at]ucl.ac.uk