Green UCL News publication
- Rollapaluza League Table from Welcome Fair
- BioRegional present One Planet Living in Topic Lunch Series
- GREEN UCL at Welcome Fair
- Green Impact UCL 2012/13 Now Running!
- Green Week UCL Poster Exhibition - Abstracts Online
- Green Week UCL is here
- Green Week Day 2 - Materials
- Green Week UCL Poster Competition Winners
- It's TRANSPORT day of Green Week UCL!
- Green Week UCL - How did it go?
- First Forum of Green Innovation UCL
- Green Innovation UCL is running
- Topic Lunch Presentation "Urbanisation in China"
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Strategy Consultation
- "Mapping Personal Thermal Comfort" - 26th November 1-2pm
- "Cycling, walking or driving – what are the risks and benefits?" by Jenny Mindell (UCL Epidemiology & Public Health)
- MODO and Green UCL Boot Sale
- Green Impact UCL League Table End of November
- Apply for UCLU Green Impact Special Awards
- Green Impact League Table December 17th
- Green Impact League Table January 21st
- Free IEMA accredited environmental audit training and experience for UCL students
- Cycle Safety Day - Thursday 31st January
- Students Switch Off to Success
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Become an Ambassador for the Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Champions Forum and Training Sessions
- Green Impact Award April 24th 2013
- HEFCE NUS Fund
- Public Lecture
- Earn rewards for cycling with pleasecycle
- Cycling Ambassador Bike days in July
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
- Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
- Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
- UCL action for Sustainability Celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
- Students: give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green UCL Annual Report published
- New bike racks installed around UCL
- UCL engineers work with contractors to boost biodiversity
- A new approach to recycling at UCL
- Will your department take part in UCL Green Impact?
- UCL's response to Transport for London's proposed Cycle Superhighways
- Gearing up for a new year
- Become an ambassador for the Mayor of London's Low Carbon Entrepreneur
- UCL backs proposed Cycle Superhighways
- UCL achieves Highly Commended for Sustainable Facilities Management
- The Sustainability Team is recruiting!
Care about UCL’s environmental impact? Come to an event to tell us what’s important to you. More...
Published: Nov 26, 2014 5:01:00 PM
Want to join UCL’s Sustainability Team and help improve the sustainability of our business and projects? More...
Published: Nov 25, 2014 10:35:00 AM
UCL and its partners Office and General and Bywaters have received a Highly Commended accolade at the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) awards. More...
Published: Nov 12, 2014 10:43:00 AM
Image: a visualisation of proposed segregated two-way cycle track on Tower Hill
Published: Nov 6, 2014 5:17:00 PM
Green Impact, UCL's annual sustainability programme is now live for the 2014-15 period, and all departments and divisions are encouraged to get involved. More...
Published: Oct 31, 2014 5:10:00 PM
UCL action for Sustainability Celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
11 June 2014
UCL's President & Provost, Professor Graham Hart, Dean of the Faculty of Population Health Sciences and the Sustainability team paid tribute to the remarkable efforts of the UCL community in tackling our environmental impacts this week at the Green Impact Award Ceremony.
Green Impact is an annual programme that empowers staff and students to improve their departments’ environmental performance and boost the sustainability literacy of peers and colleagues. 32 teams received awards at the ceremony at the Grant Museum of Zoology, with Psychology and Language Science winning the programme overall.
Dr Marta Niccolai (Department of Italian), Scott Foulon (Library Services) and Miles Irving (Department of Geography) were also presented with Special Awards by the Provost for their efforts in engaging students, supporting colleagues and for making real improvements to environmental performance.
Richard Jackson, Director of Sustainability, emphasised that the large year-on-year increase in the number of teams taking part was testament to the growing priority that sustainability is for the UCL community. He commended the teams, emphasising that they “show the real impact we can all make in terms of improving our impact, while saving money and resources”.
UCL President & Provost Michael Arthur commended the “wonderful breadth of activity across the university” encouraged by the programme, and gave “a huge thank you, from me personally, and from the rest of UCL, for the extra mile you go”.
All photos from the award ceremony can be found on the Green UCL Facebook page. The Green Impact programme for 2014-15 will launch again in September. To find out more about getting involved, please contact Alex Green.
The full list of team awards:
Working towards Bronze
- Immunology (Immunology team at the Royal Free Hospital)
- Bartlett Library
- Drayton Green Dragons (Department of Economics)
- Eastman Dental Library
- Green Light (Department of Italian)
- Greenpharm (School of Pharmacy Library)
- Institute of Archaeology Library
- Institute of Ophthalmology Library
- Ortho (The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore)
- Student and Registry Services
- Wickford Zero Waste (Wickford Library Store, Essex)
- Jewish Green (Jewish and Herbrew Studies)
- UCL Language & Speech Science Library
- Elite Green (the Combined Heat and Power Team)
- Going for Green (Human Resources Division)
- Green Counts (Finance and Business Affairs)
- Institute of Child Health Library
- Queen Square Library
- Student Psychological Services
- Action on Hearing Loss and Ear Institute Libraries
- All the Other Good Names Argon (Department of Chemistry)
- Green Comrades (SSEES Library)
- Green Darwin (the Darwin Building team)
- Green SSEES (School of Slavonic and East European Studies)
- Institute of Archaeology
- Royal Free (Royal Free Medical Library)
- The Splat Green Team - NIHR
- UCL Main and Science Libraries
- Green Careers (Careers Service)
- G.I. Geog (Department of Geography)
- PALS (Psychology and Language Science)
All photos from the award ceremony can be found on the Green UCL Facebook page.