Volunteering Opportunity: Green Impact Project Assistant role
21 September 2017
Want to kick start a career in sustainability?
The UCL Sustainability Team are offering an opportunity for students to gain skills in project management, communications and leadership by supporting and motivating staff participating in UCL’s Sustainability Engagement Programme, Green Impact.
Green Impact is a UCL-wide environmental competition and accreditation scheme that allows departments and divisions across UCL to improve their environmental impact, support UCL's Sustainability Strategy and engage peers and colleagues with these essential issues. Last year 60 departments gained awards at UCL’s Sustainability Award Ceremony. This year we want even more departments to compete and achieve even higher awards- and we need your help!
Responsibilities of Green Impact Project Assistants (GIPAs)
Encourage, motivate and support an assigned Green Impact team in implementing environmental actions in its department or area of work. See the GIPA Role Description for further information.
Benefits for students
- Experience of working on a national project in a professional environment
- Knowledge of environmental management techniques in a variety of workplace environments
- Insight into effective behaviour change methods
- Experience of communicating using a variety of different means
- Ability to support and encourage others to perform
- Leadership skills
- Time management
- Team development
- Project management
- IEMA-accreditation in environmental auditing.
- Certification on your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
View the GIPA Role Description for further information.
Deadline 18th October.
For further information, please email email@example.com