Green UCL News publication
- Rollapaluza League Table from Welcome Fair
- BioRegional present One Planet Living in Topic Lunch Series
- GREEN UCL at Welcome Fair
- Green Impact UCL 2012/13 Now Running!
- Green Week UCL Poster Exhibition - Abstracts Online
- Green Week UCL is here
- Green Week Day 2 - Materials
- Green Week UCL Poster Competition Winners
- It's TRANSPORT day of Green Week UCL!
- Green Week UCL - How did it go?
- First Forum of Green Innovation UCL
- Green Innovation UCL is running
- Topic Lunch Presentation "Urbanisation in China"
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Strategy Consultation
- "Mapping Personal Thermal Comfort" - 26th November 1-2pm
- "Cycling, walking or driving – what are the risks and benefits?" by Jenny Mindell (UCL Epidemiology & Public Health)
- MODO and Green UCL Boot Sale
- Green Impact UCL League Table End of November
- Apply for UCLU Green Impact Special Awards
- Green Impact League Table December 17th
- Green Impact League Table January 21st
- Free IEMA accredited environmental audit training and experience for UCL students
- Cycle Safety Day - Thursday 31st January
- Students Switch Off to Success
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Become an Ambassador for the Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Champions Forum and Training Sessions
- Green Impact Award April 24th 2013
- HEFCE NUS Fund
- Public Lecture
- Earn rewards for cycling with pleasecycle
- Cycling Ambassador Bike days in July
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
Between Tuesday 18th, until Friday 28th February, the member of staff that lists the most items* on UCL's WARPit site will win some brilliant Fairtrade prizes (as well as the knowledge that you’re making a real reduction to our environmental impact!) More...
Published: Feb 18, 2014 10:38:00 AM
Come along to UCLU and Green UCL’s Green Volunteering Fair, 6-8pm on Wednesday 12th February 2014 to find out about a huge variety of ways to make a positive environmental impact. More...
Published: Feb 7, 2014 10:46:00 AM
The latest results of the Green Impact are in! As always, big congratulations to all teams involved - we have a record number of teams taking part and nearly 600 actions taken as a result of the programme so far. More...
Published: Feb 6, 2014 11:35:00 AM
This year we launched NETpositive, a new online platform to help connect students with opportunities to make a positive social, environmental and economic impact during their time at UCL. The tool can be found at www.ucl.net-positive.org. More...
Published: Jan 13, 2014 11:39:00 AM
The results of Green Impact (so far) are in! Big congratulations to everyone involved, there have been a high number of actions taken already. And don’t be put off if your team hasn’t taken many actions yet – it’s in the New Year that the competition really starts to hot up! More...
Published: Dec 13, 2013 12:53:00 PM
UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
28 November 2013
UCL has been awarded Gold EcoCampus certification following an audit of its Environmental Sustainability Management System. Currently used in nearly half of Russell Group universities, EcoCampus is a leading tool to assess environmental management in Higher Education.
Teams from Estates, Facilities, Geography and Chemistry all took part, with many more contributing to the development of environmental controls and improvements to performance.
Achieving Gold is one of many objectives of the UCL Environmental Sustainability Strategy for this year and is a huge achievement. We’d like to give a massive thanks to everyone who has played a part in getting us this far.
Building on our achievements
Environmental management is all about finding ways to identify, evaluate, manage and improve environmental performance. And improving this performance needs the involvement of everyone at UCL. It's important to keep in mind that retaining awards like EcoCampus Gold require departments across the university to be able to provide proof of their environmental performance in the event of an audit.
Departments can work to improve their environmental management though UCL’s Green Impact programme. This programme breaks environmental improvements down into incremental, participatory and fun steps (and also provides the necessary evidence in the event of an audit). Achieving institution-wide improvements to our performance will be essential in moving us up to a Platinum-level award in the future. And Green Impact is a great way to contribute to this in your department.
We’ve already come a long way this year. And although we’re aware that there’s still a long way to go, achieving this Gold award gives us the confidence that we’re on the right track. Thanks again!