Green UCL News publication
- Rollapaluza League Table from Welcome Fair
- BioRegional present One Planet Living in Topic Lunch Series
- GREEN UCL at Welcome Fair
- Green Impact UCL 2012/13 Now Running!
- Green Week UCL Poster Exhibition - Abstracts Online
- Green Week UCL is here
- Green Week Day 2 - Materials
- Green Week UCL Poster Competition Winners
- It's TRANSPORT day of Green Week UCL!
- Green Week UCL - How did it go?
- First Forum of Green Innovation UCL
- Green Innovation UCL is running
- Topic Lunch Presentation "Urbanisation in China"
- UCL Environmental Sustainability Strategy Consultation
- "Mapping Personal Thermal Comfort" - 26th November 1-2pm
- "Cycling, walking or driving – what are the risks and benefits?" by Jenny Mindell (UCL Epidemiology & Public Health)
- MODO and Green UCL Boot Sale
- Green Impact UCL League Table End of November
- Apply for UCLU Green Impact Special Awards
- Green Impact League Table December 17th
- Green Impact League Table January 21st
- Free IEMA accredited environmental audit training and experience for UCL students
- Cycle Safety Day - Thursday 31st January
- Students Switch Off to Success
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Green Impact League Table February 22nd
- Become an Ambassador for the Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Champions Forum and Training Sessions
- Green Impact Award April 24th 2013
- HEFCE NUS Fund
- Public Lecture
- Earn rewards for cycling with pleasecycle
- Cycling Ambassador Bike days in July
- Green Impact 2013-14 is now live!
- UCL wins Green Gown Award for Technical Innovation
- UCLoo Festival (Nov 19th - Dec 3rd)
- UCL achieves gold standard in environmental audit
- Mayor's Low Carbon Prize
- Green Impact end of term league table
- Give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green Impact February League Table
- Green Volunteering Fair
- WARPit Competition Now On
- UCL achieves Ska Gold rating for Whittington Hospital refurbishment
- Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
- Get Cycling Event: Wednesday 14th May, South Quad
- UCL action for Sustainability Celebrated at the Green Impact Awards
- Students: give your feedback and get a £10 Waterstones voucher
- Green UCL Annual Report published
- New bike racks installed around UCL
- UCL engineers work with contractors to boost biodiversity
- A new approach to recycling at UCL
- Will your department take part in UCL Green Impact?
- UCL's response to Transport for London's proposed Cycle Superhighways
- Gearing up for a new year
- Become an ambassador for the Mayor of London's Low Carbon Entrepreneur
- UCL backs proposed Cycle Superhighways
- UCL achieves Highly Commended for Sustainable Facilities Management
- The Sustainability Team is recruiting!
Care about UCL’s environmental impact? Come to an event to tell us what’s important to you. More...
Published: Nov 26, 2014 5:01:00 PM
Want to join UCL’s Sustainability Team and help improve the sustainability of our business and projects? More...
Published: Nov 25, 2014 10:35:00 AM
UCL and its partners Office and General and Bywaters have received a Highly Commended accolade at the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) awards. More...
Published: Nov 12, 2014 10:43:00 AM
Image: a visualisation of proposed segregated two-way cycle track on Tower Hill
Published: Nov 6, 2014 5:17:00 PM
Green Impact, UCL's annual sustainability programme is now live for the 2014-15 period, and all departments and divisions are encouraged to get involved. More...
Published: Oct 31, 2014 5:10:00 PM
Big Easter Switch Off: the results!
1 May 2014
Congratulations to everyone who joined in with the Big Easter Switch Off.
The energy savings you’ve helped make really is proof that we can all play a part in improving UCL’s environmental impact.
A Big Impact
Compared to last year’s Easter break, you helped save a whopping 49,916 kWh of energy. That’s enough energy to make up to 2 million cups of tea!
Over 450 staff and students pledged to take part in the campaign, from 50 departments and teams across UCL.
The Human Resources Division have won our competition to get the largest number of team pledges, with Communications & Marketing, SSEES, Museums and Public Engagement and the CHP Team being highly commended for their efforts.
Building on our success
If we switched off like this every weekend, UCL could save up to 1,766 tonnes of carbon and upwards of £283,000 in energy bills every year.
Getting more involved
The Switch Off can’t end here. Saving energy is just one change which we hope you’ll continue to make. But if you’re feeling inspired, why not get more involved?
Watch the short film
And if you haven't seen our 'Jeremy Bentham's no Spring Chicken' video, then click below...