Become a fashion revolutionary this Spring!
17 April 2018
Join Reduce the Juice this Spring to revamp your wardrobe (through clothes swaps), donate clothes to the British Heart Foundation and demand greater transparency in the fashion supply chain.
We all love fashion, but it can have a huge impact on the environment and the people who make our clothes. Did you know?:
- The UK bins 235 million items of clothing each spring.
- Textile manufacturing uses huge amounts of water, much of which gets flushed into waterways laden with contaminants such as bleaches, acids, inks and dyes. Farmers in parts of China and India are reportedly predicting fashion’s next biggest hues by the colour of rivers tainted by textile industry runoff.
- Workers in developing nations are often paid a pittance to work in unsafe conditions.
How can I help?
Throughout April and May the Reduce the Juice team will be in halls, helping you to be a fashion revolutionary.
Who made your clothes?
Come and chat to the Reduce the Juice team about our Fashion Campaign, and ask your favourite brands #whomademyclothes?
Tasty treats will be provided from Elysia, who are tackling food waste.
Mon 23rd April
- 3pm – 6pm: Ifor Evans Hall - Reception
- 5pm – 7pm: John Adams Hall - Reception
Tues 23rd April
- 3pm – 5pm: John Dodgson Hall - Reception
- 6pm – 8pm: New Hall - Common Room
- 6pm – 8pm: Goldsmid House - Reception
- 6pm – 8pm: Schafer House - Reception
Wed 25th April
- 3pm – 5pm: Arthur Tattersall Hall - Reception
- 3pm – 6pm: Campbell House - Reception
- 6pm – 8pm: James Lighthill Hall - Reception
- 6pm – 8pm: Hawkridge Hall - Reception
Thu 26th Apr
- 3pm – 5pm: Ramsay Hall - Reception
- 6pm – 8pm: Langton Close - Reception
Refresh your wardrobe
…by swapping your once loved clothes with other students. Clothes swaps will be organised in the following halls on these days:
- Tue 1st May - 5pm – 7pm: Ifor Evans Hall - Reception
- Wed 2nd May, 5pm – 7pm: Ramsay Hall - Common Room
- Thu 3rd May, 3pm – 5pm: John Adams Hall- Reception
- Fri 4th May, 10am – 5pm: Student Central
Donate to charity
Towards the end of term there will be an opportunity to donate clothes, home accessories and appliances to the British Heart Foundation (BHF). Look out for their collection points towards the end of term. BHF offer discounts for students at their shops, a nice reward for reducing waste.