- ABOUT US
- GET INVOLVED
- CASE STUDIES
- OUR COMMITMENTS
The Sustainability Team are gathering ideas, views and insights into how we can all create a more sustainable UCL. After all, no one knows your departments, buildings and your work like you do. More...
Published: Oct 29, 2014 10:34:00 AM
The Mayor of London's Low Carbon Entrepreneur has returned to find more student-led sustainable business ideas. And London City Hall is looking for ambassadors to promote the competition. More...
Published: Oct 27, 2014 3:45:00 PM
UCL is currently preparing a formal response to Transport for London's proposals for both a new segregated East-West Cycle Superhighway through Central London and a North-South Cycle Superhighway between Elephant & Castle and King's Cross. If you'd like to make any make any suggestions to be considered as part of this response, please contact Joanna Marshall-Cook before Friday 3rd October. More...
Published: Sep 26, 2014 10:28:00 AM
Student Green Champions
Becoming a Green Champion is a great way to improve the environmental impact of your department, boost your sustainability literacy and is a great addition to your CV. Student Green Champions support UCL’s environmental sustainability agenda and help improve UCL’s green performance. As a student Green Champion, you could:
- Make sure that you complete Green UCL's Environmental Awareness moodle course as part of your induction. This is an essential introduction to the key concepts of sustainability and what these mean for UCL.
- Ensure that your department takes part in UCL's Green Impact programme, and help with its delivery.
- Use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to help spread awareness about Green UCL events, programmes and initiatives.
- Ensure that students are aware of your contact details and role as Student Green Champion.
- Encourage and gather ideas and feedback from peers on ways of improving UCL’s green performance and to pass these onto the Ethics and Environment Officer or Environmental Sustainability team.
- Attend Ethics and Environment and Green Champions' Forums.
- Attend training/information sessions on environmental issues.
- Participate in volunteering activities such as those listed on our programmes pages.
Become a student Green Champion
If you'd like to become a Green Champion, or if you have any questions about the role, please contact Lead Green Champion Janet Hope.