- ABOUT US
- GET INVOLVED
- CASE STUDIES
- OUR COMMITMENTS
In the autumn term, we’ll be running a big project about the future of UCL’s carbon emissions. More...
Published: Jul 21, 2014 2:46:00 PM
UCL's President & Provost, Professor Graham Hart, Dean of the Faculty of Population Health Sciences and the Sustainability team paid tribute to the remarkable efforts of the UCL community in tackling our environmental impacts this week at the Green Impact Award Ceremony. More...
Published: Jun 11, 2014 3:03:00 PM
Come to the South Quad for: More...
Published: May 12, 2014 12:41:00 PM
Congratulations to everyone who joined in with the Big Easter Switch Off. More...
Published: May 1, 2014 11:54:00 AM
Student Green Champions
Becoming a Green Champion is a great way to improve the environmental impact of your department, boost your sustainability literacy and is a great addition to your CV. Student Green Champions support UCL’s environmental sustainability agenda and help improve UCL’s green performance. As a student Green Champion, you could:
- Make sure that you complete Green UCL's Environmental Awareness moodle course as part of your induction. This is an essential introduction to the key concepts of sustainability and what these mean for UCL.
- Ensure that your department takes part in UCL's Green Impact programme, and help with its delivery.
- Use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to help spread awareness about Green UCL events, programmes and initiatives.
- Ensure that students are aware of your contact details and role as Student Green Champion.
- Encourage and gather ideas and feedback from peers on ways of improving UCL’s green performance and to pass these onto the Ethics and Environment Officer or Environmental Sustainability team.
- Attend Ethics and Environment and Green Champions' Forums.
- Attend training/information sessions on environmental issues.
- Participate in volunteering activities such as those listed on our programmes pages.
Become a student Green Champion
If you'd like to become a Green Champion, or if you have any questions about the role, please contact Lead Green Champion Janet Hope.