- ABOUT US
- GET INVOLVED
- CASE STUDIES
- OUR COMMITMENTS
Catherine Windrow works for North London Waste Authority and took part in Green Space at the North Observatory earlier this term. Here she shares some easy tips to reduce waste, improve your environmental impact and save money. More...
Published: Dec 15, 2014 11:09:00 AM
On Tuesday 9th December, 12-2pm, we'll be raising awareness about the Christmas Switch Off by giving away free mulled apple juice powered by the UCL's brilliant UCell hydrogen fuel cell in the Main Quad. More...
Published: Dec 8, 2014 11:22:00 AM
Want to join UCL’s Sustainability Team and help improve the sustainability of our business and projects? More...
Published: Nov 25, 2014 10:35:00 AM
UCL and its partners Office and General and Bywaters have received a Highly Commended accolade at the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) awards. More...
Published: Nov 12, 2014 10:43:00 AM
Student Green Champions
Becoming a Green Champion is a great way to improve the environmental impact of your department, boost your sustainability literacy and is a great addition to your CV. Student Green Champions support UCL’s environmental sustainability agenda and help improve UCL’s green performance. As a student Green Champion, you could:
- Make sure that you complete Green UCL's Environmental Awareness moodle course as part of your induction. This is an essential introduction to the key concepts of sustainability and what these mean for UCL.
- Ensure that your department takes part in UCL's Green Impact programme, and help with its delivery.
- Use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to help spread awareness about Green UCL events, programmes and initiatives.
- Ensure that students are aware of your contact details and role as Student Green Champion.
- Encourage and gather ideas and feedback from peers on ways of improving UCL’s green performance and to pass these onto the Ethics and Environment Officer or Environmental Sustainability team.
- Attend Ethics and Environment and Green Champions' Forums.
- Attend training/information sessions on environmental issues.
- Participate in volunteering activities such as those listed on our programmes pages.
Become a student Green Champion
If you'd like to become a Green Champion, or if you have any questions about the role, please contact Lead Green Champion Janet Hope.