UCL Santander Research Catalyst Award winners
18 March 2013
The UCL Santander Research Catalyst Awards (supported by Santander Universities) help UCL staff foster research collaborations with universities in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Uruguay.
In October 2012, five successful applicants received awards, which helped them cover the costs of visits to meet potential research collaborators.
The successful applicants, who have now undertaken their visits, were:
- Dr Par Engstrom, Institute of the Americas, visited Universidade de Säo Paulo, Brazil
- Dr Mary Fewtrell, Institute of Child Health, visited Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Colombia.
- Raul Fuentes, Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering, visited Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile and Universidad de Chile
- Dr Rodolfo Lorenzo, Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering, visited Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Professor Richard Wortley, Security and Crime Science/Jill Dando Institute, visited Universidad de Chile.
A third round of the awards will take place in the summer. Find out more about the awards.
UCL has been in partnership with Santander Universities since 2007, providing UCL students and staff with numerous benefits and opportunities which range from study abroad experiences to awards for non-academic achievement. Find out more.
Page last modified on 30 may 13 10:41