UCL Research Catalyst Awards (supported by Santander Universities)
*Applications now closed*
To foster research collaborations between UCL and universities in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Uruguay.
The awards are available to cover the travel, accommodation and subsistence costs associated with focused visits to potential research collaborators.
The visits should be aimed at achieving a specific outcome that will support future research collaboration (for example, a joint seminar, workshop, funding application).
Up to £2,500 per visit participant is available.
A maximum of five participants in a single visit will be supported.
UCL academic staff holding the position Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader or Professor (or the clinical equivalent) are eligible to receive an award.
Staff holding honorary positions are not eligible.
Single and group applications are welcome.
Criteria against which applications will be assessed
- The strength of the existing relationship with the university to be visited. Visits aimed at advancing a nascent research relationship will be preferred
- The likelihood of achieving the intended outcome
- The potential for future research collaboration
- The extent of UCL’s existing links with the university/ies to be visited
- The ranking of the university/ies to be visited
- Whether the university/ies to be visited are included in the Santander Universities network in the specified countries (details are available at Scholarships & Funding).
Award administration and requirements
- Participants will be advised of the value of the UCL Research Catalyst award that has been granted
- Payment of the award will be in arrears and based on actual costs incurred (up to a maximum of the value of the award granted)
- Payment will be into a UCL departmental account
- The payment of awards directly into participants’ bank accounts will not be possible
- All claims for reimbursement of departmental accounts must be received within one month of the visit’s completion. Receipts should be provided wherever practical
- A written report on the visit must be submitted to the Office for International Affairs within one month of the visit’s completion
- Full details of the award and the visit, including the names of participants, any photographs of the visit etc., will be shared with Santander Universities. The details may also be publicised on the UCL website. Permission from all participants in a visit, to allow this use of information, is a condition of acceptance of the award.
Application procedure and deadline
- Applications are now being accepted
- Download the application form (Word)
- Email to Julia Dawson at email@example.com
- Deadline 30 September 2013.
If you require further information, please contact Julia Dawson in the Office for International Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous recipients of the award
To date, around 15 UCL staff have received a Catalyst Award. Find out more about some of the winners.
Page last modified on 19 nov 13 12:44