Sponsored opportunity to take part in Brown University summer programme
As part of UCL’s partnership with Santander Universities, staff are invited to apply for a funded summer programme taking place at Brown International Advanced Research Institutes (BIARI), Brown University, USA.
The programme, taking place 8-22 June 2013, aims to bring together early-career faculty and professionals from around the world to address pressing global issues through high-level intellectual collaborations across traditional academic boundaries.
The four institutes are convened by Brown University professors, and feature lectures, seminars and workshops. The institutes are:
- Population and development: new approaches to enduring global problems
- Theatre and civil society
- 35 years of advances in HIV/AIDS: what has changed for women?
- Connections and flows: water, energy and digital information in the global south
With support from Santander Universities, BIARI covers the costs of air travel, US airport transfers, tuition, meals and accommodation for each participant for the duration of the programme.
Applications are invited from early-career scholars and practitioners. Practitioners normally have four to ten years’ experience in their professional field. Participants from an academic background are usually within seven years of having finished their PhD.
- Application details and further information about the programme and each of the institutes can be found at http://www.brown.edu/biari
- The deadline for applying is Tuesday 15 January 2013
- Enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BIARI programme 2013 (PDF)
If you decide to apply, please inform John-george Nicholson, in the UCL Office for International Affairs, at email@example.com.
Page last modified on 20 dec 12 15:39