UCL in Europe
UCL has longstanding research and teaching partnerships with many leading European institutes and organisations.We have more than 3,300 research collaborations under the European Union’s FP6 and FP7 initiatives alone.
Students and staff from across Europe are an intrinsic part of the UCL community. More than 4,500 EU students are currently studying at UCL, where we teach 30 European languages.
Recent activity connected to the region includes:
- UCL Engineering creating a ‘European campus without borders’ with partners CentraleSupélec in Paris, Politecnico di Milano and TU Berlin
UCL’s Europe network is open to academic and professional
services staff from departments across UCL interested in the region.
Led by Professor Jan Kubik, Pro-Vice-Provost (Europe), the network meets regularly throughout the year to discuss current and future activity.
- EU referendum: UCL advice, comment and statements
- Funding opportunities
- Latest network news
- More international contacts at UCL
Contact us for minutes from previous meetings and Terms of Reference.
- Crowdhelix is a free tool that UCL academics can use to find find project partners throughout Europe - mainly around research and innovation and Horizon 2020.
- Encouraging collaboration in science and technology through the European Research and Innovation Office (ERIO)
- The European Institute: UCL’s hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union
- Shaping research policy in Europe as a member of the League of European Research Universities (LERU)