UCL Grand Challenge of Global Health
- About Our Work
- Small Grants
- Research Expertise
- UCL Institute for Global Health
- Getting Involved
- Contact Us
Subscribe to our email newsletter
GLOBAL HEALTH NEWS
Transformative Education for Global Health - Preparing Health Professionals for an Interdependent World
15 February 2011
A joint conference between UCL, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine , the London International Development Centre and the Institute of Education (with support from the Lancet)
Does health professional education need to be rethought?
The recent Lancet Commission on the future of health professional education makes a compelling case that a changing global health context mandates a new approach to the education of tomorrow’s professionals. What steps are needed to educate future health professionals to take responsibility not only for individual patients and communities but also for the health systems that serve them?
This one day conference will invite critical reflection on these issues from leading academics, students and health professionals. The conference will address innovation in the following areas of health professional education, which reflect key themes from the Lancet Commission.
Health professional education in an interdependent world:
- Education for health systems development: competency based or transformative?
- Training for leadership, teamwork and advocacy
- Global health curricula for health professionals
- Tensions between professionalization, regulation and inter-disciplinary working
- Can institutions be socially accountable
Page last modified on 08 mar 12 17:19