UCL: London's global university
- First English university to admit women as full degree students
- First English university to admit students of all beliefs and ethnicities
- 210 clubs and societies with 18,000 memberships sold
- 49% of the student body volunteer on external community projects (2011-12)
- Students from 150 countries and 100 staff nationalities
- 20% of students study abroad as part of their degree
- 21 modern languages taught at UCL
- Central London location
Information for UCL staff
Global Citizenship ‘Champions’
We aim to have a member of staff in each department acting as a ‘champion’ for the Global Citizenship Programme and the wider global citizenship agenda more generally.
If you are not sure who the Champion is in your department, or would like to volunteer, please get in touch.
Contribute to the UCL Global Citizenship Programme
The first-year courses on the UCL Global Citizenship Programme provide our undergraduates with the opportunity to engage with cross-disciplinary, global problems within the framework of the UCL Grand Challenges.
Staff interested in leading and developing a Grand Challenge-themed course should contact Dr Tim Beasley-Murray (Academic Director: Global Citizenship) to discuss ideas further.
Embed global citizenship within your teaching
Education for global citizenship at UCL is not limited to the two-week undergraduate programme that we offer. Staff across UCL already offer modules and programmes that explore questions of responsibility and citizenship within disciplinary frameworks and boundaries, and we are always keen to expand the range of such courses on offer.
Dr Tim Beasley-Murray (Academic Director: Global Citizenship) is available to discuss such ideas further with staff at any level.
Page last modified on 17 feb 15 12:27