UCL: London's global university
- First English university to admit women as full degree students
- First English university to admit students of all beliefs and ethnicities
- 210 clubs and societies with 18,000 memberships sold
- 49% of the student body volunteer on external community projects (2011-12)
- Students from 150 countries and 100 staff nationalities
- 20% of students study abroad as part of their degree
- 21 modern languages taught at UCL
- Central London location
Professor Anthony Smith, UCL Vice-Provost (Education and Student Affairs) leads on UCL's Global Citizenship agenda, but if you would like more information please do get in touch with one of the team:
Dr Tim Beasley-Murray – Academic Director, Global Citizenship Tim is the academic lead for global citizenship at UCL. A key driving force behind the UCL Global Citizenship Programme, Tim is a Senior Lecturer in European Culture and Thought in SSEES.
Judith Hillmore – Head of Student Experience and Global Citizenship Judith is responsible for managing projects that contribute to the enhancement of the student experience across UCL. This includes promotion of the National Student Survey and co-ordination of the institutional response. She also oversees the delivery of the UCL Global Citizenship Programme and Education for Global Citizenship at UCL. Judith worked in publishing and the charitable sector before joining UCL in 2001.
Josh Blacker – Global
Citizenship Programme Manager
Josh co-ordinates the UCL Global Citizenship Programme, a two-week course designed to help UCL students boost their studies, enhance their future and make an impact on the world. It is open to all undergraduates and takes place after summer exams. He is also responsible for the Global Citizenship Project Grants scheme, which is UCL’s largest student grant fund. Having graduated from UCL in 2009, he returned in 2012 after a period working for a major national charity.
Page last modified on 17 feb 15 11:57