German News Publication
- Professor Susanne Kord wins 2011 Forum Prize
- German Play
- Bright Club
- Generation X Reflects: British – German Encounters
- DAAD Hochschulsommerkurs scholarships
- Ab initio German
- “Europe, endless” - Crossing Boundaries between Fiction and Literary Criticism in the 21st Century
- German Play 2013
- Timothy McFarland Memorial Lecture
- Film Series: Portraying Perpetrators
- Tropfen auf Heisse Steine - Play
Support the Department
Tropfen auf Heisse Steine - Play
11 March 2014
The UCLU German Society would like to cordially invite you to this year's German play "Tropfen auf heiße Steine" by Rainer Werner Fassbinder directed by Christian Bitschnau and produced by Matthew Martin. There will be two performances:
Date: Thursday 20th March & Friday 21st March
Location: UCLU Garage Theatre.
Tickets are £3 and will only be sold on the door at the performance nights. Doors will open at 7pm.
Plot summary: Franz, despite being engaged to Anna, allows himself to be picked
up by the older Leopold where they later begin to cohabit. Despite this new
relationship being shaky, they both decide to endure it. Franz’s ex-lover,
Anna, and Leopold’s ex-lover Vera both enter the scene forcing the power
dynamics of this twisted relationship to be questioned.
A bit about Fassbinder: As a German writer and director, Fassbinder is one of the most influential people in New German Cinema. His phenomenal creative energy, when working, coexisted with a wild, self-destructive libertinism earned him a reputation as the enfant terrible of the New German Cinema.