Media Presentations by Susanne Kord
- Interviewed for a documentary on Georg Büchner, BBC 3 Sunday Feature. Aired 13 February 2011.
- Expert guest on In Our Time, hosted by Melwyn Bragg, BBC Radio 4, on the German Sturm und Drang. Aired 14 October 2010.
- Speaker at 'The Art of Revolution', Platform for the matinee performance of Georg Büchner's Danton's Death, The Royal National Theatre, 18 September 2010.
- Expert guest on Night Waves, BBC Radio 3, on the meaning of Faust in various cultures. Aired 14 September 2010.
- UCL Lunch Hour Lecture: 'Venomous Women: Poison Murderesses in 19th-Century Germany.' 23 February 2010.
View the lecture
Read a review from the Wellcome Trust
- "Orient Express." The Times Literary Supplement. 18/25 December 2009. 8-9.
- "Why Doesn't Britain Trust Its Academics?" With W. Daniel Wilson, Leonard Olschner, and Robert Weninger. Homo Oeconomicus 24.1 (2007): 255-257. Shorter version published as "Drowning in bureaucracy." The Guardian, 27 December 2006.
- Interview with Schmidt: London's Only German Magazine (Who's Who Section), October 2005.
- Featured Guest on radio show, “Battle of the Books,” Series “What’s the Word,” with a topic on the German Enlightenment and Storm and Stress. Aired December, 2003, National Public Radio, 27 states, USA. Listen (mp4 format). NB This is a large file! Do not download on a slow connection or if you do not have sufficient disk space.
Article in Der Spiegel (December 2001), by Andrea Leiber: “Professorin
Susanne Kord.” http://www.spiegel.de/unispiegel/jobundberuf/0,1518,172947,00.html
- Biographical article, photo, and poetry in: Nordamerikanische Wochen-Post 22 (March 11-17, 1995), The Supplement, p. B2.
- Radio show on Kord's book Ein Blick hinter die Kulissen, Swiss National Radio, Series “Best Books.” Oct. 5, 1993. (Included a 1/2 hour interview with Kord about the book). Aired October 19, 1993. Listen (Quicktime version). NB This is a large file! Do not download on a slow connection or if you do not have sufficient disk space.
- Interviews on various cultural or literary subjects in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, The Los Angeles Times.
- Regular reviewer for and contributor to The Times Literary Supplement.