Mererid Puw Davies: PhD Supervision
Mererid Puw Davies is happy to consider supervising doctoral dissertations on the topics of fairy tales (Märchen) and fantastic literature and film; twentieth- and twenty-first century German literature, culture and film, in particular the cultural history, literature and film of the Federal Republic of Germany and the culture of the West German protest movements of the 1960s; comparative approaches, and poetry.
Recent and current PhD topics supervised by Mererid Puw Davies:
- The Bluebeard tale and national identity in French and German
- twentieth-century culture
- West German war films of the 1950s
- Generations and early magazine culture of the Federal Republic
- Paul Celan's translations of French Surrealist Poetry