Judith Beniston: PhD Supervision
Judith Beniston is happy to supervise dissertations on a wide range of topics in German and Austrian literature since the late eighteenth century, and especially the following: Austrian drama and theatre history; Austrian literature and culture, particularly of the period since 1890; literature and ideology; historical drama and fiction; Holocaust drama; comparative studies including German-language material.
Recent and current PhD topics supervised by Judith Beniston:
- Barbara Köhler's Niemands Frau
- Dystopian Fiction of the 1920s and 1930s in English and German
- Masculinity in Austrian prose fiction of the interwar period
- Celan’s translations of French Surrealist poetry
- Theatre and Austrian identity during the First Republic