The UCL Centre for the Forensic Sciences seeks to foster innovation in both the development of the academic discipline and the practice of the forensic sciences. Our academics are based in departments across UCL and in collaboration with the SECReT programme we support postgraduate research students from MRes through to completion of their PhDs. We welcome queries from prospective PhD applicants.
Our research explores two key areas:
- Current research students
- Completed research students
- Prospective research students
If you are interested in applying for a PhD with us then there are two possible routes.
- The UCL Security Science Doctoral Research Training Centre (SECReT) offers students the chance to pursue multi-disciplinary security or crime-related 4-year PhD programmes. Many of our PhD students are on this programme.
- You can also apply for a traditional 3-year PhD programme in Security and Crime Science (and this can also be taken part-time over 5 years).
Whichever route you decide to apply for, do be aware that funding is highly competitive and you will need to make sure that you have a potential supervisor in place before applying.