- Dr Lee Grieveson
- Dr Stephanie Bird
- Dr Mererid Puw Davies
- Dr Jo Evans
- Professor John Foot
- Professor Julian Graffy
- Professor Stephen Hart
- Professor Susanne Kord
- Dr Roland-Francois Lack
- Dr Jann Matlock
- Dr Matilde Nardelli
- Dr Melvyn Stokes
- Dr Claire Thomson
To speed up the application process, please enclose/ upload with your application a sample of your academic writing of a minimum of 4 pages.
10 graduate studentships worth £5000 each
Applications are open to students pursuing, or intending to pursue, a research degree in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
Professor John Foot
Professor John Foot is Professor of Modern Italian History in the
Department of Italian.
His research specialisms include modern Italian
history, urban history, the history of Milan, immigration in the
twentieth century, cultural and social history, Italian politics, the
Resistance, and micro and oral historical approaches.
His publications include:
- Milan since the Miracle. City, Culture, Identity, Berg, Oxford, 2001
- Milano dopo il miracolo. Biografia di una citta', Fetrinelli, Milan, 2003
- Disastro! Disasters in Italy since1860: Culture, Politics, Society (edited with John Dickie and Frank Snowden), St Martins/Palgrave, New York, 2002
- Pero: Citta' di Immigrazione: 1950-1970, Comune di Pero, 2002
- City and Identity in Italy. Special issue of Modern Italy, 7,2, 2002 (edited with Robert Lumley), Exeter University Press, 2003, Modern Italy, Palgrave, 2003
- Calcio. A History of Italian Football, 4th Estate, London, 2006
- Calcio. 1898 - 2007. Storia dello sport che ha fatto l'Italia, Rizzoli, Milan 2007.
John Foot is also project manager on the AHRB funded Memory and Place project. He also directed the documentary film 'Piazzale Lugano, 22. Story of a House' (2004). He is currently working on a history of Italian cycling for publication in the UK and Italy and on the AHRC-funded project 'Divided country. Memory and History in 20th Century Italy'.