- Juliet Mitchell joins Timothy Mathews for a
conversation exploring how art and psychoanalysis speak to each other and to
to the world premiere of the compositions of Belinda É. S., conducted by Christopher Petrie.
- Will Bowers tells the story of a musical revolution with operatic
excerpts sung by Carl Gombrich (bass) and Emily Tsui (soprano), with
Bryan Solomon at the piano.
to Mererid Puw Davies and Tom Lundskaer-Nielsen's talk about their work on fairy tales.
- Hear highlights from our Future of the Arts debate, as panellists Grayson Perry (artist), Professor Lisa Jardine (UCL Historian and Broadcaster), Professor Malcolm Grant (UCL President and Provost)
and The Rt Hon David Willetts MP (Minister for Universities and Science) give their views, thoughts and insights.
- Listen to the full panel discussion on the Future of the Arts, examining the broad definition of what we mean by the 'arts', from fine
art and performing arts to its more general use in academia,
and whether the arts are threatened by recent cuts in funding.
- Professor Jonathan Wolff, Dean of UCL Arts & Humanities, explains why we
should put our hands
together for the arts, and the importance of celebrating the arts at the time when many courses at other institutions are under threat.