- Copper is Restless Until it Becomes Gold*
- From Phantasmagoria to Science! SOLD OUT
- UCL Library Treasures Show & Tell
- Pleasure, Pain & the Capacity to Relate
- Subtitles, Surtitles & Supertitles
- Find the Mind's Construction in the Face
- Blimey! We're all Cockneys Now
- After Winter Comes Spring (Winter Ade), 1988
- A Decade in Digital Humanities
- Café Culture: Games at the Grant - SOLD OUT
- Still Digging. But in the Archives
- An Appointment with Dante
- Flickering, Lost, Forgotten: London's Silent Picture Palaces- SOLD OUT
- Slade Salon Afternoon
- Slade Degree Shows
- This is Where We Came in. Memories of 60s Cinema-Going
- Ronald Reagan Movie Star
- You Must Read This Book!
- Auschwitz: Awkward Approaches
- Midnight Moonshine- SOLD OUT
- Jeremy Bentham & the Ones that Got Away
- Philosophy and Theatre
- Telling Mother Tongues. Ponglish: Playing with Words
- Telling Mother Tongues. I am Polish: Meet the Artists
- Sauna on the Moon (Chang'e), 2011
- London’s Burning: Our Habitat in Times of Crisis
- 1492: The Year the World Went Global
- Landscapes Within: Experience the Music
- Music Revolution! Mozart. Rossini. Whatever Next?
- German Literature on the Beach
- 10 Researchers | 10 Objects | 100 Hours
- Voices of War: UCL in World War I
- Tours of UCL Main Library and Institute of Archaeology Library
Sauna on the Moon (Chang'e), 2011
10 April 2014
Dir. Zou Peng, 95 min. Chinese with English subtitles.
Thursday May 29
Roberts G06 Sir Ambrose Fleming Lecture Theatre
Zou Peng’s satirical film is a study of the commodification of the female body in modern Guangdong. Set in a sauna/brothel, it delivers some harsh messages about the sex trade (without too much explicit material). Chang’e is the name of the sauna, the goddess who endows her worshippers with beauty, and the spaceship launched by China in 2010. The director Zou Peng and/or the producer (Chen Zhiheng) will be available for Facetime Q&As after the film.
Drinks will be served between the film and the Q&As.