Oliver received his Diploma in Geography from University of Jena in 2008. The following five years he has been working as a Research Assistant at University of Jena and Heidelberg University. In September 2013 he joined Extreme Citizen Science Research Group as Senior Developer.
Oliver is mainly involved in the development of a web-based open platform for participatory mapping. Eventually, the platform allows for storing, accessing and managing geographic information that originate from different data sources, including for example, mobile applications or social media streams.
He is interested in different aspects of Volunteered Geographic Information, including its exploitation, visualisation and management using web-based geographic information systems and mobile applications.
Web-based and mobile GIS, collaborative and participatory mapping, location-based services
e-mail: o [dot] roick [at] ucl [dot] ac [dot] uk
- Roick, O. & Heuser, S. (2013): Location Based Social Networks – Definition, Current State of the Art and Research Agenda. Transactions in GIS. doi: 10.1111/tgis.12032
- Roick, O.; Loos, L. & Zipf, A. (2012): A Technical Framework for Visualizing Spatio-temporal Quality Metrics of Volunteered Geographic Information. In:Löwner, M.-O.; Hillen, F.; Wohlfahrt, R.(Eds.): Geoinformatik 2012 "Mobilität und Umwelt", 263-270. Shaker Verlag, Aachen.
- Roick, O. (2012): Applying User Generated Geographic Information from Social Networks for the Creation of Maps — Towards a Research Agenda.Workshop on Map creation from user generated data. Hannover, October 2012.
- Roick, O.; Hagenauer, J. & Zipf, A. (2011): OSMatrix — Grid based analysis and visualization of OpenStreetMap. State of the Map EU. Vienna, July 2011.
- Roick, O.; Kralisch S. & Flügel, W.-A. (2010): Design and implementation of a mobile client for the River Basin Information System (RBIS). In: Zipf, A; Behncke,K.; Hillen, F.; Schaefermeyer, J. (Eds.): Geoinformatik 2010 "Die Welt im Netz", 239-240. Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft, Heidelberg.
Page last modified on 23 sep 13 12:51