Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union.
UCL European Institute
Young people in the UK today who are attracted to extremism are typically well educated. Given the weaknesses of this ideology in terms of its use of history, internal coherence of arguments and moral standards, its success with many educated young people requires explanation. The explanation, according to Dr. Farid, is multifaceted but education has a big role to play in curbing the trend.
2 June 2015
Dr. Farid Panjwani More...
Starts: Jun 2, 2015 12:00:00 AM
Christopher Bickerton, lecturer in Politics at the University of Cambridge, discusses how how the impending EU referendum in the UK necessitates open and unbiased academic debate, and how British discussions of EU reform may reverberate across the European continent.
15 May 2015
Dr. Christopher Bickerton More...
Starts: May 15, 2015 12:00:00 AM
If the British general election was a shock to many in the UK, then it was equally so for the chancelleries across the European Union. As much as they had started to think about a British renegotiation and referendum, there has been a very strong sense that the election result would throw that out of the window. Any such thoughts are now firmly gone. This commentary explores the outcome of the British General Election and the implications for a British in-out EU referendum.
Dr Simon Usherwood
8 May 2015 More...
Starts: May 8, 2015 12:00:00 AM
Over 20 specialised postgraduate programmes offer students the opportunity to concentrate specifically on European and European Union Studies; a range of related programmes also offer expertise to students interested in the study of Europe.
UCL School of Public Policy
- MSc in European Public Policy
- MSc in Democracy and Comparative Politics
- MSc International Public Policy
- MSc in Legal and Political Theory
- MSc Global Governance and Ethics
- MSc in Public Policy
- MA in Human Rights
- MA European History
- MA Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- MA Ancient History
- MA Late Antique and Byzantine Studies
- MA Dutch Golden Age
- MA Intellectual History
- MA Transnational Studies
UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES)
- MRes in East European Studies
- MRes in the Politics & Economics of Eastern Europe
- MA in Central & South-East European Studies
- MA in Russian and East European Literature and Culture
- MA in Comparative Business Economics
- MA in Political Analysis (Russian and Eastern Europe)
- MA in Comparative Economics and Policy
- MA Russian Studies
- MA Identity, Culture and Power
- MA Political Sociology (Russian and Eastern Europe)
UCL Centre for Multidisciplinary and Intercultural Inquiry (CMII)
- MA in European Culture and Thought: Culture
- MA in European Culture and Thought: Thought
- MA in European Studies: Modern European Studies
- MA in European Studies: European Society
UCL School of European Languages, Culture and Society (SELCS)
- MA in Language, History & Culture (in pathways)
- MA Comparative Literature
- MA Translation Theory and Practice
- MA Gender, Society and Representation
- MA Film Studies