Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union. We are part of the Institute of Advanced Studies.
UCL European Institute
What, if anything, can the experience of (research on) Eastern Europe say to us as we head towards Brexit? Lessons may lie above all in getting to grips with the tempo and nature of political change, its (un)predictability and likely channels.
1 August 2016
Starts: Aug 1, 2016 12:00:00 AM
On Thursday night, for the third time since January 2015, President François Hollande was faced with a mass murder on French soil. An ashen-faced Hollande, almost looking like a broken man, appeared on television on Friday at 4am and declared: “This is undoubtedly a terrorist attack; the whole of France is under the threat of an Islamic terrorist attack”.
18 July 2016 More...
Starts: Jul 18, 2016 12:00:00 AM
In addition to marking a politically decisive moment in British history, the campaigns in advance of the referendum on the UK’s membership in the EU were exciting objects of study for Classicists in terms of the political use of oratory.
11 July 2016 More...
Starts: Jul 11, 2016 12:00:00 AM
Over 20 specialised postgraduate programmes offer students the opportunity to concentrate specifically on European and European Union Studies; a range of related programmes also offer expertise to students interested in the study of Europe.
UCL School of Public Policy
- MSc in European Public Policy
- MSc in Democracy and Comparative Politics
- MSc International Public Policy
- MSc in Legal and Political Theory
- MSc Global Governance and Ethics
- MSc in Public Policy
- MA in Human Rights
- MA European History
- MA Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- MA Ancient History
- MA Late Antique and Byzantine Studies
- MA Dutch Golden Age
- MA Intellectual History
- MA Transnational Studies
UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES)
- MRes in East European Studies
- MRes in the Politics & Economics of Eastern Europe
- MA in Central & South-East European Studies
- MA in Russian and East European Literature and Culture
- MA in Comparative Business Economics
- MA in Political Analysis (Russian and Eastern Europe)
- MA in Comparative Economics and Policy
- MA Russian Studies
- MA Identity, Culture and Power
- MA Political Sociology (Russian and Eastern Europe)
UCL Centre for Multidisciplinary and Intercultural Inquiry (CMII)
- MA in European Culture and Thought: Culture
- MA in European Culture and Thought: Thought
- MA in European Studies: Modern European Studies
- MA in European Studies: European Society
UCL School of European Languages, Culture and Society (SELCS)
- MA in Language, History & Culture (in pathways)
- MA Comparative Literature
- MA Translation Theory and Practice
- MA Gender, Society and Representation
- MA Film Studies