Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union.
UCL European Institute
In a letter to the Financial Times, UCL's Professor of EU Law Piet Eeckhout outlines his bemusement at the current discourse on immigration in the UK.
Prof Piet Eeckhout
3 December 2014
Starts: Dec 9, 2014 12:00:00 AM
In the eurozone, the EU needs greater legitimacy at the national level not only to secure space for domestic politics but also to secure respect for social and economic commitments over time.
Prof. Albert Weale
24 November 2014 More...
Starts: Nov 24, 2014 12:00:00 AM
It's groundhog day in Britain, where the European Union is concerned. The context changes, but the basic issues do not.
Sir Stephen Wall
18 November 2014 More...
Starts: Nov 18, 2014 12:00:00 AM
Research centres at UCL
Research on Europe and the European Union at UCL spans many departments and faculties, from the School of Public Policy to the Faculty of Laws, the School of Slavonic and East European Studies or the School of European Languages, Culture and Society.
Within these, a range of specialised centres are now dedicated to studying aspects of Europe and the European Union:
- Centre for Law & Governance in Europe
- Centre for European Politics, Security & Integration
- Centre for South-East European Studies
- Centre for the Study of Central Europe
- Centre for Multidisciplinary & Intercultural Inquiry (CMII)
- Centre for East European Language-Based Area Studies (a partnership of UCL and the universities of Oxford and Birmingham with a network of partners at other universities)
- Centre for Transnational History