Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union. We are part of the Institute of Advanced Studies.
UCL European Institute
It is not clear that the EU is any less accountable than national governments.
29 June 2016
Ronan McCrea More...
Starts: Jun 30, 2016 12:00:00 AM
So the British people have voted with a margin of around 4%, a little
more than 1 million votes, to leave the European Union (EU). Where this
will lead lies somewhere between two absolutely contrasting scenarios.
29 June 2016
Paul Ekins More...
Starts: Jun 29, 2016 12:00:00 AM
A first round of reactions from UCL staff to the EU referendum results.
24 June 2016 More...
Starts: Jun 27, 2016 12:00:00 AM
Europe and the Holocaust: Shifts in Public Debates in Poland, Germany and the United Kingdom
See below for videos of the presentations and discussion investigating shifts in the role of the Holocaust in European public debates in the recent past. Contrasting developments in Poland, Germany, and Great Britain, they identified common threads as well as differences in perceiving, presenting, memorizing the mass murder of European Jewries.
- Dr Ulrich Baumann: Deputy Director of the Stiftung Denkmal für die Ermordeten Juden Europas (Foundation to the Murdered Jews of Europe).
- Prof David Cesarani: Research Professor in history at Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Mr Ben Helfgott: MBE, D.Litt. Institute of Education, London, Dr.h.c. University of Southampton, Chairman of the Institute of Polish-Jewish Studies, Oxford and Chairman '45 Aid Society Holocaust Survivors.
- Dr Jacek Leociak: Member of the Institute for Literary Research at the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Chair: Dr François Guesnet: Reader of Modern Jewish History at the Department of Hebrew and Jewish Studies, UCL
Page last modified on 18 jan 13 16:21