Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union. We are part of the Institute of Advanced Studies.
UCL European Institute
Theresa May's long-awaited Brexit speech must be understood as an aspiration, rather than a roadmap, since its realisation requires the consent of other parties and the removal of important contradictions, argues Benjamin Martill.
17 January 2017
Starts: Jan 17, 2017 12:00:00 AM
Uta Staiger, Executive Director of the
European Institute, comments on the German political and media responses after the Christmas market attacks, in a piece originally published by the New Statesman.
20 December 2016 More...
Starts: Dec 20, 2016 12:00:00 AM
Oliver Patel, Research Assistant at the European Institute, offers three reasons why the Brexit vote is worrying for London's tech community.
Oliver Patel (UCL European Institute)
19 December 2016
Starts: Dec 19, 2016 12:00:00 AM
Europe and the Holocaust: Shifts in Public Debates in Poland, Germany and the United Kingdom
See below for videos of the presentations and discussion investigating shifts in the role of the Holocaust in European public debates in the recent past. Contrasting developments in Poland, Germany, and Great Britain, they identified common threads as well as differences in perceiving, presenting, memorizing the mass murder of European Jewries.
- Dr Ulrich Baumann: Deputy Director of the Stiftung Denkmal für die Ermordeten Juden Europas (Foundation to the Murdered Jews of Europe).
- Prof David Cesarani: Research Professor in history at Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Mr Ben Helfgott: MBE, D.Litt. Institute of Education, London, Dr.h.c. University of Southampton, Chairman of the Institute of Polish-Jewish Studies, Oxford and Chairman '45 Aid Society Holocaust Survivors.
- Dr Jacek Leociak: Member of the Institute for Literary Research at the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Chair: Dr François Guesnet: Reader of Modern Jewish History at the Department of Hebrew and Jewish Studies, UCL
Page last modified on 18 jan 13 16:21