Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union. We are part of the Institute of Advanced Studies.
UCL European Institute
Theresa May's long-awaited Brexit speech must be understood as an aspiration, rather than a roadmap, since its realisation requires the consent of other parties and the removal of important contradictions, argues Benjamin Martill.
17 January 2017
Starts: Jan 17, 2017 12:00:00 AM
Uta Staiger, Executive Director of the
European Institute, comments on the German political and media responses after the Christmas market attacks, in a piece originally published by the New Statesman.
20 December 2016 More...
Starts: Dec 20, 2016 12:00:00 AM
Oliver Patel, Research Assistant at the European Institute, offers three reasons why the Brexit vote is worrying for London's tech community.
Oliver Patel (UCL European Institute)
19 December 2016
Starts: Dec 19, 2016 12:00:00 AM
THBT: Britain should leave the European Union
25 February 2013
See below for recording the debate debate on Britain’s membership of the EU which has become one of the biggest national issues of our time, with passionate advocates campaigning for very different visions of Britain’s future in a globalising world.
- Mark Reckless MP: Conservative MP for Rochester and Strood.
- Alexandra Swann: Telegraph blogger and UKIP activist.
- Lawrence Webb: Leading member of UKIP, former London Chairman and Mayoral candidate.
- Katinka Barysch: Deputy Director of the Centre for European Reform in London
- Sir Stephen Wall: Former UK Diplomat and Chair of the UCL Council.
- Peter Wilding: Founder and Director of British Influence, a new independent advocacy campaign that wants Britain to lead in Europe.
With the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union.
Page last modified on 12 nov 13 14:05