Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union.
UCL European Institute
- Media Gallery
- Self-Determination Processes in the EU. The Case of Catalonia
- Remembering, re-writing, re-telling
- 'Stuck in Transition'? The ERBD Transition Report 2013
- Slavoj Žižek and Srećko Horvat: What Does Europe Want?
- Promoting LGBT rights at home and abroad: the role of the European Union
- Lost worlds of East European Jewry: images and narratives
- Where the Beast is Buried - Joanna Rajkowska in conversation
- Joaquín Almunia on Competition in Financial Markets
- EU Trade Commissioner speaks on EU-US trade negotiations
- Legacies of European Colonial Slavery
- EU and European Careers 2014
- Find an Expert on Europe
Sorry, this Silva Document is not viewable.
Remembering, re-writing, re-telling… The poetry of Irit Amiel
A discussion covering contemporary Jewish poetry and the notion of displacement, celebrating the publication of Dark Flashes, (OFF_PRESS, UK) the latest collection of Irit Amiel’s poetry to be published in English translation.
Introduction ‘Mapping Childhood: The Generation of Irit Amiel ‘ by Prof. Joanna Michlic, a specialist in Polish-Jewish relations.
Short reviews/opinion by the editor of the book and the poet Wioletta Grzegorzewska and the literary scholar and translator Dr Ursula Phillips.
Listen on Soundcloud
|This event is supported by UCL European Institute's Call for Proposals|
Page last modified on 03 dec 13 10:31