Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union. We are part of the Institute of Advanced Studies.
UCL European Institute
- Media Gallery
- Self-Determination Processes in the EU. The Case of Catalonia
- Remembering, re-writing, re-telling
- 'Stuck in Transition'? The ERBD Transition Report 2013
- Slavoj Žižek and Srećko Horvat: What Does Europe Want?
- Promoting LGBT rights at home and abroad: the role of the European Union
- Lost worlds of East European Jewry: images and narratives
- Where the Beast is Buried - Joanna Rajkowska in conversation
- Joaquín Almunia on Competition in Financial Markets
- EU Trade Commissioner speaks on EU-US trade negotiations
- Legacies of European Colonial Slavery
- EU and European Careers 2014
- In Search of Europe
- Videos 2014
If the principle of parliamentary sovereignty is to continue to have real meaning in Britain, the decision to leave the EU must be taken by parliament, not the government.
17 October 2016
Starts: Oct 17, 2016 12:00:00 AM
What, if anything, can the experience of (research on) Eastern Europe say to us as we head towards Brexit? Lessons may lie above all in getting to grips with the tempo and nature of political change, its (un)predictability and likely channels.
1 August 2016
Starts: Aug 1, 2016 12:00:00 AM
On Thursday night, for the third time since January 2015, President François Hollande was faced with a mass murder on French soil. An ashen-faced Hollande, almost looking like a broken man, appeared on television on Friday at 4am and declared: “This is undoubtedly a terrorist attack; the whole of France is under the threat of an Islamic terrorist attack”.
18 July 2016 More...
Starts: Jul 18, 2016 12:00:00 AM