Welcome to the UCL European Institute, UCL's hub for research, collaboration and information on Europe and the European Union.
UCL European Institute
In a letter to the Financial Times, UCL's Professor of EU Law Piet Eeckhout outlines his bemusement at the current discourse on immigration in the UK.
Prof Piet Eeckhout
3 December 2014
Starts: Dec 9, 2014 12:00:00 AM
In the eurozone, the EU needs greater legitimacy at the national level not only to secure space for domestic politics but also to secure respect for social and economic commitments over time.
Prof. Albert Weale
24 November 2014 More...
Starts: Nov 24, 2014 12:00:00 AM
It's groundhog day in Britain, where the European Union is concerned. The context changes, but the basic issues do not.
Sir Stephen Wall
18 November 2014 More...
Starts: Nov 18, 2014 12:00:00 AM
We are privileged to be able to count on the expertise, experience and advice of an external Advisory Board, whose members have distinguished careers in politics, the media, academia, think tanks and cultural institutes.
The Advisory Board is chaired by Sir John Birch, Chair of the UCL SSEES Advisory Board and former UK ambassador to Hungary.
- Dominic Brett, Head of Public Affairs, European Parliament Office in the UK
- Dame Nicola Brewer, UCL Vice Provost International
- Heather Grabbe, Director, Open Society Institute Brussels
- Charles Grant, Director, Centre for European Reform
- Georg Krawietz, Director, DAAD London
- Lord Roger Liddle, UK House of Lords, Policy Network
- John Peet, Europe Editor, The Economist
- Martin Porter, Fellow and Member of the Executive Management Team, European Climate Foundation
- Magda Raczynska, Head of Literature, Polish Cultural Institute London
- Michael Shackleton, Visiting Professor, University of Maastricht. Former Head of the European Parliament Office in the UK
- Philip Souta, Head of UK Public Policy, Clifford Chance LLP
- Janet Zmroczek, Head of European Studies, British Library
- Quentin Peel, Senior Fellow, Chatham House and former Foreign Editor, The Financial Times