Staff Student Consultative Committee
The Staff-Student Consultative Committee for CES and CIS MA students provides a forum for discussion between the staff and students of the Centres and offers an opportunity for concerns or questions to be raised by students. It observes the UCL Policy for Staff-Student Consultative Committees, as described in the UCL Academic Manual, Section H3.
The SSCC comprises:
- One student representative from each MA degree programme;
- The MA convenors
- One further member of the CIS/CES committee
Student representatives are elected by other students at the beginning of the Autumn Term and serve for the full academic year.
Meetings take place twice a year. Additional meetings may take place as agreed by the student representatives and the School Postgraduate Programmes Tutor.
Meetings are chaired by the Chair of the CIS/CES committee. Minutes are taken and posted on the website.
Terms of Reference
- To discuss follow-up action resulting from previous meetings;
- To comment upon the outcome of degree programme and course evaluation questionnaires and any consequent follow-up action;
- To receive notification of any programme changes with respect to teaching, admissions, and assessment;
- To comment upon any significant changes to any FIGS policy which would have a direct consequence for teaching, admissions, and assessment;
- To receive and consider matters raised by external examiners.